The Student Room Group

History a-level!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by J_1234
Ohh and lol that's good! You can help me with source questions then :smile:
And woah they are good subjects, &I don't know how you are doing maths lol, I absolutely hate it because I'm so bad at it. History is one of my faves too, just hope I can do good in the exam

Haha maths is my easiest subject by far. You will do fine if u keep working and know the content well you should be coolio!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Ben4
Haha maths is my easiest subject by far. You will do fine if u keep working and know the content well you should be coolio!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, really? And thanks, hope so! :smile:
Reply 22
Here's a link to a documentary on Russia in revolution, its quite useful :smile:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Me7vZ1qes8k
Original post by J_1234
I am currently studying A-levels, and history is very interesting but very difficult, such a big jump from GCSES! So far ive been recieveing D's in my practice essays, I improve by a mark eachtime, however I want to atleast aim for a C this time even though it is practice questions :frown:
Anyone have any advice to help?
Will be much appreciated.

I'm not sure which exam board you're with (im with ocr) but the best advice I could give is to start revising early, and gradually build it up so its not too daunting over the year. The fact that you find it interesting should really help with remembering the info, at least thats what happens with me. I definitely dont think its an issue at this stage- try not to focus on the marks that youre getting, and think of all the time you have to improve! If you do essays in the exam, one thing that i found good was that even if you forget a piece of info, it wont necessarily be a disaster cause you have much more freedom on what to write, and you can consider another factor to include.
Reply 24
Original post by Emily.97
I'm not sure which exam board you're with (im with ocr) but the best advice I could give is to start revising early, and gradually build it up so its not too daunting over the year. The fact that you find it interesting should really help with remembering the info, at least thats what happens with me. I definitely dont think its an issue at this stage- try not to focus on the marks that youre getting, and think of all the time you have to improve! If you do essays in the exam, one thing that i found good was that even if you forget a piece of info, it wont necessarily be a disaster cause you have much more freedom on what to write, and you can consider another factor to include.

Thanks for the advice! :smile: & I'm doing Edexcel
Original post by J_1234
Thanks for the advice! :smile: & I'm doing Edexcel

Its okay :smile:
Okay, well i still think the advice applies, regardless of the exam board. I remember in as i focused on my mocks way too much and it interfered with my revision. But i eventually put it to the side and was fine. I know you will be too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending