The Student Room Group

Queen Mary or City Uni

I'm applying for computer science courses and I can't choose between Queen Mary and city university for my first choice.
I'm either going to go for Business computing systems at City or Computer Science and Business Management at QMUL.
I went to both Open days and found that the course at city was far more interesting and the travel was easier but I preferred QM's campus, location and the community!
I don't know which I should prioritise!! Some people suggest i should go for the better course but QM's course isnt bad its just not as interesting in comparison.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TanyaUddin
I'm applying for computer science courses and I can't choose between Queen Mary and city university for my first choice.
I'm either going to go for Business computing systems at City or Computer Science and Business Management at QMUL.
I went to both Open days and found that the course at city was far more interesting but I preferred QM's campus, location and the community!
I don't know which I should prioritise!! Some people suggest i should go for the better course but QM's course isnt bad its just not as interesting in comparison.

Queen Mary is in the Russell Group - it shouldn't be the decisive factor, but it's worth noting.
Reply 2
Original post by doctorwhofan98
Queen Mary is in the Russell Group - it shouldn't be the decisive factor, but it's worth noting.

I think I'm beginning to lean towards Queen Mary and this is just tipping the scales! Thanks :smile:
Do you know anyone who is currently going to QMUL?
City is really good for business so would be good for getting a job after, not sure about QM but I'm sure it's a better Uni in general. I'd probs choose QM myself due to the reasons you gave and also their SU is much better and I think it would be better to live out there because cheaper and like you said you prefer the community and stuff :smile: but I guess if you're living at home and you prefer the course at city you might do better there.. You just have to weigh everything up :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by whysosirius
City is really good for business so would be good for getting a job after, not sure about QM but I'm sure it's a better Uni in general. I'd probs choose QM myself due to the reasons you gave and also their SU is much better and I think it would be better to live out there because cheaper and like you said you prefer the community and stuff :smile: but I guess if you're living at home and you prefer the course at city you might do better there.. You just have to weigh everything up :smile:

Yeah it is a better uni, and i think if i imagined myself anywhere, it probably would be there. I'm definitely going to travel, but i think i'd get used to the journey after a week or so. now really, it's just the course that's bothering me :s-smilie:
I think I'm beginning to lean towards Queen Mary and this is just tipping the scales! Thanks :smile:
Do you know anyone who is currently going to QMUL?

I don’t, but I'm considering it as one of my university choices (2016 entry)
Reply 6
I don’t, but I'm considering it as one of my university choices (2016 entry)

Which Course are you looking to do?
If you live in South or East London then definitely QM, since you won't have to travel into Zone 1 and that saves a lot of money
Which Course are you looking to do?

Law :smile:
Reply 9
Law :smile:

Cool! :smile: I saw a hell of a lot of people walking into the Law talk on the open day so you won't be getting lonely :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending