The Student Room Group

Personal statement - Words

So ive got my personal statement , 366 Words right now , Does it have to be more?.Im pretty sure the limit is more than that but is it ok for it to be shorter or should i look at adding more?
It's in terms of characters.

Should probably be around 600 words tbh. Maybe 550?
Reply 2
So you think i should add more then? , Im honestly not sure what else to add haha.Im going to take it into my old school tomorrow and speak to my old art teacher (Applying for a art course) to see if he could read over it.
Original post by JLG16
So you think i should add more then? , Im honestly not sure what else to add haha.Im going to take it into my old school tomorrow and speak to my old art teacher (Applying for a art course) to see if he could read over it.

How many characters is it?

I'd say you want 3500

With a space in between each para then

Write about

Why the art course
What have you done making you suited to it
What do you like about it
Anything relevant you've done for it
Extra curricular or what you like doing
Future plans if you have any
Agree with the previous poster. Try our PS builder tool!
Reply 5
Original post by L'Evil Fish
How many characters is it?

I'd say you want 3500

With a space in between each para then

Write about

Why the art course
What have you done making you suited to it
What do you like about it
Anything relevant you've done for it
Extra curricular or what you like doing
Future plans if you have any

Its around 3000 charcters right now and i think i may need to add in some things regarding future plans , That aswell as im getting it checked by 2 people today so hopefully i can add a bit to it today.

What stage should i be at right now regarding applying , As im not in shcool and not getting help with it so not sure?.Ive been working on my portfolio and personal statement so far.
Original post by JLG16
Its around 3000 charcters right now and i think i may need to add in some things regarding future plans , That aswell as im getting it checked by 2 people today so hopefully i can add a bit to it today.

What stage should i be at right now regarding applying , As im not in shcool and not getting help with it so not sure?.Ive been working on my portfolio and personal statement so far.

Just need a final draft

Have your reference written

And you can send off then after you've filled in the details on ucas
Reply 7
Just need a final draft

Have your reference written

And you can send off then after you've filled in the details on ucas

Ok how would i get the refrence written / How many do you need? , Im speaking to my art teacher today so he would be the best one to get one off but where does he have to send it to / write it?
Original post by JLG16
Ok how would i get the refrence written / How many do you need? , Im speaking to my art teacher today so he would be the best one to get one off but where does he have to send it to / write it?

Are you going through ucas with your school? Or just on your own?

I'm not sure how it'll work but I think he'll have to write one.

Normally it's a compilation of all your teachers you had.
Reply 9
Are you going through ucas with your school? Or just on your own?

I'm not sure how it'll work but I think he'll have to write one.

Normally it's a compilation of all your teachers you had.

I dont know i haven't started on Ucas yet , Im not in school now im in a gap year.
ur ps needs to either be 41 lines or arwnd 1000 words paste it onto ur ucas application and submit it it will tell you what to ammend

Quick Reply