The Student Room Group

Should I put my modules on my application?

Is it really necessary? Or would they think I was trying to hide something if I didn't declare them...
Original post by BobbieShamrock
Is it really necessary? Or would they think I was trying to hide something if I didn't declare them...

My college says - only out the modules on if they're all very good (eg all As). If you have ABB and somehow scraped an A, there isn't any point.

Obviously, other places will tell you other things, some will say that you should always declare modules, others will say not. That's my info though, hopefully some other people wil weigh in on the reasons for doing otherwise.
Don't you get certificates with only the grade overall and the subject? So why write modules?
Original post by KittyRe-play
Don't you get certificates with only the grade overall and the subject? So why write modules?

They give you a space to write them on UCAS. It says it's optional but I wasn't sure if it would be looked down on or not if I chose not to put them.
Original post by Azurefeline
My college says - only out the modules on if they're all very good (eg all As). If you have ABB and somehow scraped an A, there isn't any point.

Obviously, other places will tell you other things, some will say that you should always declare modules, others will say not. That's my info though, hopefully some other people wil weigh in on the reasons for doing otherwise.

Hm ok. If you put the modules in for one subject should you put them all in?
Hm ok. If you put the modules in for one subject should you put them all in?

Yes, definitely. Otherwise they will definitely think you're hiding some bad units imo.
They give you a space to write them on UCAS. It says it's optional but I wasn't sure if it would be looked down on or not if I chose not to put them.

If your modular grades are good then put them on (like As) but if you just about managed to get an A overall with high Bs or something then I wouldn't put it on if I was you...and it's optional anyways. The uni may judge your performance more if you were to put on the modular grades. So it can be good or bad for you depending on what you got in the modules to be honest. :smile:
Original post by KittyRe-play
If your modular grades are good then put them on (like As) but if you just about managed to get an A overall with high Bs or something then I wouldn't put it on if I was you...and it's optional anyways. The uni may judge your performance more if you were to put on the modular grades. So it can be good or bad for you depending on what you got in the modules to be honest. :smile:

I got all As in two subjects but an A and a B in the subject I'm applying for, so I probably won't put them in...
Thanks! :smile:
does anyone know if you should put the modules that you haven't done yet??
I got all As in two subjects but an A and a B in the subject I'm applying for, so I probably won't put them in...
Thanks! :smile:

Oh okay that's fine then I mean it's your choice at the end of the day but I wouldn't take the risk personally. Good luck! I hope you get into your desired uni choice hopefully. :h:
Original post by robynofficer97
does anyone know if you should put the modules that you haven't done yet??

There's jot any point is there? You're just listing out "pending" more times than necessary...
Original post by Azurefeline
There's jot any point is there? You're just listing out "pending" more times than necessary...

that's what I thought but wasn't sure, thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending