The Student Room Group

Going Away Between Results Day and Uni

Hi everyone! My family is off on holiday (back to back cruises!) a couple of days after results day 2015, and we're due to get back on 31st August. Every uni I've applied to starts late September or October, but I know there's things like letters, accommodation, and worst case scenario (not expecting it!) clearing to go through.
What actually happens after results day before uni starts and will going away be a problem? I'll still have internet connection and be able to get to a phone most of the time!
Thanks! :biggrin:
Original post by MiniMacaroon
Hi everyone! My family is off on holiday (back to back cruises!) a couple of days after results day 2015, and we're due to get back on 31st August. Every uni I've applied to starts late September or October, but I know there's things like letters, accommodation, and worst case scenario (not expecting it!) clearing to go through.
What actually happens after results day before uni starts and will going away be a problem? I'll still have internet connection and be able to get to a phone most of the time!
Thanks! :biggrin:

everything should just get confirmed unless you go through clearing then everything is done in that short time between. You should be fine if you have everything sorted before results. Only thing they may need you to do is pre registration. :smile:
Reply 2
you might also need to confirm your accommodation details. At my uni they sent me an accommodation offer a few days after results and i then had 6 days to accept that or they would have changed it. They still did an accommodation guarantee but i wouldn't have got my top choice otherwise
So you might wanna check how your favourite uni's do things first...
Good advice, thanks! Definitely put my mind at rest! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest