The Student Room Group
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath

Creative Writing MA (Bath Spa)

Hi

Any advice for applying to the Creative Writing course for 2015? I am working on my application piece at the moment, but any tips on the application or what to expect will be helpful. I am aware that an application to this course is literally a shot in the dark - they might like my writing or think its absolutely mediocre
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Hey! I'm doing the Creative Writing MA now so I might be able to give a few tips.

First, it's a brilliant course. It really is. Everyone is learning a lot from the feedback and being pushed to be better.

You might not get a response to your application for a while. They take applications all through the year so I think they wait until they have a good number of them to arrange interviews.

The interview is kind of like being dragged through hot coals. They ask hard questions, they will give blunt feedback about your work. You might not like that feedback. Be prepared to take it on. But also don't be afraid to stand up for yourself (just don't tell them that they don't know what they're talking about). You could have any number of interviewers. Most of the tutors take turns at interviews depending on their availability.

Even if they don't like your work, it doesn't mean you won't be accepted. It's more about the potential that they see in it, and your ability and willingness to work on it that they're looking for.
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending