The Student Room Group

Will a torso pic increase my luck on Tinder ?

I've had tinder for about a week now , liked hundreds of girls and haven't recieved a . I would say im below average but not the ugliest of mother****ers (though it would seem so ) . My pictures aren't the best quality and im not photogenic at all , but I thought i'd get a few matches at least out of pity.

I'm considering putting up a torso pic as I've been lifting frequently for over a year now and have a solid physique . I don't like being obnoxious or arrogant but if it makes me appear more attractive then I suppose its necessary.

as you cant see members of the same sex on tinder I can't see whether this is abnormal or not , but anyway Opinions ?
Girls hate when guys do that so don't
Original post by Black Cat

Can confirm makes you look like an ********...at least in my eyes.

It may help attract a certain type of girl say if she is only looking for sex and so appearances may be the only important factor to her but if looking for a relationship I don't advise it.
Reply 3
Original post by Black Cat

Thats what I previously thought , but I don't exactly have much to loose lol.

Also its noteworthy that what girls say and what they do are very different things.

Original post by SophieSmall
Can confirm makes you look like an ********...at least in my eyes.

It may help attract a certain type of girl say if she is only looking for sex and so appearances may be the only important factor to her but if looking for a relationship I don't advise it.

Its the only reason I didnt do one in the first place and on the contrary , I agree . I do think that most of my pictures dont do me justice though.

I'm on tinder so im not exactly looking for a wife , also tinder is the most judgemental and shallow app of all time so appearances are very important anyway . If someone isn't attractive they don't even get to talk to you ... quite sickening.
that's why you should get off it and go to the usual "conventions" yourself
Original post by Anonymous
Thats what I previously thought , but I don't exactly have much to loose lol.

Also its noteworthy that what girls say and what they do are very different things.

Its the only reason I didnt do one in the first place and on the contrary , I agree . I do think that most of my pictures dont do me justice though.

I'm on tinder so im not exactly looking for a wife , also tinder is the most judgemental and shallow app of all time so appearances are very important anyway . If someone isn't attractive they don't even get to talk to you ... quite sickening.

Must apologise I don't have a clue what tinder really is, thought it might have been a dating website or something.
Reply 6
Original post by shawn_o1
that's why you should get off it and go to the usual "conventions" yourself

1) my situation this year is quite an odd one and so im not in the situation where im regularly meeting new girls and have very few friends who I can go out with etc

2) As for clubbing and the whole "nightgame" scene , Its expensive , overrated and just as shallow , i've been plenty of times and still never really got anywhere
Reply 7
Literally the only tinder metric is your pictures, so if you are having no luck it's pretty obvious what you need to change.

If you have a weird/ awkward smile (this is what is generally meant by "not photogenic") then just ask someone to take a photo of you with a more neutral face and with better lighting.

Also it's probably better to wear a beater to emphasise your build.
Reply 8
I keep body pics off my facebook despite having a good body...but in all honesty it's probably a good idea to put them on Tinder. Depends what kind of girl you're looking for there.

The 0-7s dislike it but the 7-10s love it!
Reply 9
Original post by SophieSmall
Must apologise I don't have a clue what tinder really is, thought it might have been a dating website or something.

It's a dating app where men basically stand in a line hoping to be selected by a female while the females either want causal sex, are naively using a looks based app for a relationship or are simply there to be validated by the hundreds of men.
I automatically left-swipe any guy with a topless photo that isn't a holiday snap or similar. Torso shots make you look arrogant and obnoxious, I'm afraid.
Seeing a torso only pic automatically makes me think they are making up for their looks.
But if that would be accurate and it is better than your looks alone go for it.
People who try to at least keep fit and toned etc. are good.

Quick Reply