Which university for which course?
Reply 2
Original post by loperdoper
Which university for which course?

Northampton University for Paramedic Science :smile:
Original post by Gina19
Northampton University for Paramedic Science :smile:

Okay, do you mean this course?
And are you referring to this quote: "Students are required to pass an advanced ambulance driving course and obtain their C1 driving qualification."?

Because in which case, the C1 driving qualification is an addition onto your driving licence that allows you to drive an ambulance. If you google "C1 driving qualification" or "advanced ambulance driving course" then there are plenty of places that'll train you to gain this qualification. I believe this is a standard requirement across paramedic science courses.
Reply 4
Okay, do you mean this course?
And are you referring to this quote: "Students are required to pass an advanced ambulance driving course and obtain their C1 driving qualification."?

Because in which case, the C1 driving qualification is an addition onto your driving licence that allows you to drive an ambulance. If you google "C1 driving qualification" or "advanced ambulance driving course" then there are plenty of places that'll train you to gain this qualification. I believe this is a standard requirement across paramedic science courses.

The website for Northampton Uni have failed to add the course to their actual website thus far, however, it's available to search on the UCAS website and is an option to choose when adding your courses to your UCAS application. It mentions: http://gyazo.com/c0e7d4d54dddcbdb157ca89b078b6452 and I know this means that an interview will be required along with possible other tests, however, the woman who checked my UCAS said that I have to show I have applied for this test online? I'm not sure if she was a bit confused, but I thought that that this IOT was only completed alongside the interview process and you were automatically put in for the tests upon being called to an interview?
Original post by Gina19
The website for Northampton Uni have failed to add the course to their actual website thus far, however, it's available to search on the UCAS website and is an option to choose when adding your courses to your UCAS application. It mentions: http://gyazo.com/c0e7d4d54dddcbdb157ca89b078b6452 and I know this means that an interview will be required along with possible other tests, however, the woman who checked my UCAS said that I have to show I have applied for this test online? I'm not sure if she was a bit confused, but I thought that that this IOT was only completed alongside the interview process and you were automatically put in for the tests upon being called to an interview?

Ah, I see. I would email Northampton Uni for advice directly to be honest, as it's very vague as to what you actually need to do.
Reply 6
Ah, I see. I would email Northampton Uni for advice directly to be honest, as it's very vague as to what you actually need to do.

Okay!! Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated! :smile:
Reply 7
At your interview, you will sit a literature and numeracy test. So you will be tested on your reading and maths skills as part of the interview.
Reply 8
Original post by Juno
At your interview, you will sit a literature and numeracy test. So you will be tested on your reading and maths skills as part of the interview.

So it won't require me to do anything beforehand? eg. add anything to my UCAS application?
Reply 9
Original post by Gina19
So it won't require me to do anything beforehand? eg. add anything to my UCAS application?

There are different kinds of admissions tests.

The one that you're doing is just given to you by the uni, so doesn't need to be added to UCAS. The uni that is giving it knows you'll be doing it, and they will get your result. The other unis you're applying to won't care because it's not their test.

The one that UCAS thinks you're doing is something like the BMAT. These are tests that admissions tutors use, but they don't actually administrate themselves. The applicant will register with the test organiser, and the test is taken and organised by someone that isn't the uni or UCAS. These do need to be added, as otherwise the unis won't get the results and won't know that someone has taken it.
Reply 10
Original post by Juno
There are different kinds of admissions tests.

The one that you're doing is just given to you by the uni, so doesn't need to be added to UCAS. The uni that is giving it knows you'll be doing it, and they will get your result. The other unis you're applying to won't care because it's not their test.

The one that UCAS thinks you're doing is something like the BMAT. These are tests that admissions tutors use, but they don't actually administrate themselves. The applicant will register with the test organiser, and the test is taken and organised by someone that isn't the uni or UCAS. These do need to be added, as otherwise the unis won't get the results and won't know that someone has taken it.

Thanks so much for clearing this up, it's much appreciated!! :smile:
I've got an IOT with Manchester for English Literature but I'm worried to open it in case it's got a timer on the test. They said I have 5 days (4 left now) to complete it.. :s-smilie:

Any help as to how to complete it?

Latest

Trending

Trending