The Student Room Group

Night Club Promoter pay

How much do students normally get paid per week to be a promoter for a night club (giving out leaflets etc)?
Reply 1
Completely varies.

I've done all sorts of club promoting and ticket selling. Ticket selling tends to earn me more. It's normally done by commission, I.e. If you sell a ticket for £4, you get £2.
When you're living in halls it is particularly easy to sell at least 100 tickets for a big club event I.e. Christmas, special guests, and end of term.
On an average night I could shift anything between 20 - 75 tickets.
It requires little effort as all you need do is post on all social media and/or put a few posters up and you tend to get a lot of interest. (I once made £500 in a week, but I did put a lot of effort into it)

Handing leaflets out and what not can pay anything from minimum wage to a free annual club pass with drinks included. I wouldn't say it's worth it for the long run. (In terms of financing your uni lifestyle) but, if you're in desperate need of some quick money, ticket selling is always good. (Plus you get it in cash instantly)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Baloney
Completely varies.

I've done all sorts of club promoting and ticket selling. Ticket selling tends to earn me more. It's normally done by commission, I.e. If you sell a ticket for £4, you get £2.
When you're living in halls it is particularly easy to sell at least 100 tickets for a big club event I.e. Christmas, special guests, and end of term.
On an average night I could shift anything between 20 - 75 tickets.
It requires little effort as all you need do is post on all social media and/or put a few posters up and you tend to get a lot of interest. (I once made £500 in a week, but I did put a lot of effort into it)

Handing leaflets out and what not can pay anything from minimum wage to a free annual club pass with drinks included. I wouldn't say it's worth it for the long run. (In terms of financing your uni lifestyle) but, if you're in desperate need of some quick money, ticket selling is always good. (Plus you get it in cash instantly)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :smile: When handing out leaflets, how many hours per week do people generally do?
Reply 3
Original post by GSC94
Thanks! :smile: When handing out leaflets, how many hours per week do people generally do?

Nothing tends to be contracted. So again it can completely vary.

I've stood out in the freezing cold and pouring rain for 7+ hours before.
The club managers or someone who is higher up than you sometimes drives around to make sure you're still there and doing your job.

Sometimes they'll give you a batch of leaflets and tell you to stand outside until they're gone and then you're done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Baloney
to a free annual club pass with drinks included.

Pretty sure that's not legal..

Quick Reply

Latest