The Student Room Group

Struggling with personal statement!!

I have just started writing my UCAS personal statement and I am really struggling. I really don't know what to write. I'm currently doing an access cousre so I haven't got any a levels. Has anyone got some good advise for writing a personal statement? I'm applying for computer science.
This will give you a good starting point :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/personal_statement_help You don't need to be doing A Levels or talk about your current course - relevant things outside of that will look much better to admissions tutors
Reply 2
I put what interested me in my course then how I researched it, what I did to get on (access course & maths) my relevent experience eg what skills I already have which are transferable and where I would like the course to take me
Good luck
Original post by LukeeD
I have just started writing my UCAS personal statement and I am really struggling. I really don't know what to write. I'm currently doing an access cousre so I haven't got any a levels. Has anyone got some good advise for writing a personal statement? I'm applying for computer science.

Talk about why you like computer science, and what you've done to show it. What initially got you interested? What are your career aspirations (this was my last paragraph)?
At first it's difficult, but you just need to write things down, whether it makes sense or not. Once you've got the first words down its much easier to start adapting it into a good statement.
Just doing research and reading examples also helped me.
Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending