The Student Room Group

Have you ever had a disciplinary?

I have a feeling I'm going to be given a disciplinary at work very soon and quite rightly so, I guess. Basically I was 'bitching' about a manager, whom I believed was not in the room at the time, when in fact she was. ROOKIE ERROR, I know. The manager approached me, and my co-worker who was also bitching, as soon as we'd finished the conversation. I felt kinda bad as she'd obviously taken it personally and was upset. Then again, she really isn't a very nice manager, and our bitching was certainly justified by the way she treats us. I'm almost sure she'll give us a disciplinary/formal warning within the next couple of days. I was honestly planning on handing my notice in after the next pay day, so it doesn't really bother me.

It did, however, get me wondering how many people actually get a disciplinary and for what reasons. I'm interested to find out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Even if you are planning on handing in your notice, remember that usually you will need your old employer to give you a reference.

Never had any disciplinary meetings myself, however have only been in work for 10 months.
Reply 2
Original post by Baloney

It did, however, get me wondering how many people actually get a disciplinary and for what reasons. I'm interested to find out

Used to work on a 0-hour contract for a local student bar. One time they put my name down for a shift a week in advance without asking me. I told my manager that I was unavaliable for it and he advised that I'd have to find cover. Despite asking all other staff, noone else could cover it. I told my manager that I hadnt found cover and still couldnt make it.

On the day of the shift I (obviously) didnt show up. The owner rang me and told me that my contract had been terminated with immediate effect.

Retrospectivly I should have sued them for unfair dismissal, however I was finishing uni in a few weeks and would have been quitting anyway.
I got one while working on checkouts in a supermarket. I got pulled up on 3 things: poor customer service, leaving early and leaving the basket till unattended. I did deserve it but I was so frustrated with the people I worked with that I would probably do the same things again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending