The Student Room Group

Has anyone ever been bullied?

What happened?

Scroll to see replies

Yes, from year 7 - 9. I was bullied because to my ethnicity and religious beliefs. I'm over it now though...for the most part.
Long story short the girl bullied me through secondary school and then we both ended up at the same college which resulted in me living in fear so I took the cowards way out and left.

Don't get me wrong, if I thought I stood a good chance in coming out alright in a fight between us two then I soo would have stayed but she's a big girl. (No offense to her).
I was bullied because of my mobility problem(s), my interests, and my general self. I still am bullied in a way, but it isn't as bad anymore I guess. I used to be physically bullied but now it's just emotional and social. Better than having three at once, although they're all serious problems and each no mode of 'bullying' is less serious, damaging or than another.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by iamintorture
What happened?

Oh. :erm:. Well...I've never actually been bullied, more of... picked on by a... fair-weather few. Like a girl and her friends here, a guy and his mates there. Normally started with the one and their mates jumped on. :rolleyes:

But it was because apparently everyone was afraid of me; I was a bit gothic.

Spoiler

And blokes who liked me only told me in private and girls who feared me had to gang up on me but when it was just her and me she was all :colondollar:.

The worst experience was recently. I was in a fairly white comprehensive and with this stroppy demeanour & style of dress

Spoiler

it made me look like proper chavvy. So no one spoke to me. :indiff: When they did it was fake nice, including the teachers. I got into a lot of fights with the jock blokes who literally said, "I could take her." Like beat me up :curious: why would a guy brag about being able to beat up a girl? :facepalm2:

TL;DR:
Being in a mainly white school when I stayed with my da who's Irish, it was just massive disrespect from everyone and I would crack. So this girl said something racist to me and I just bodyslammed her through some desks :closedeyes: No one messed with me from there :biggrin:
Yes.
No i am EXTREMELY lucky and my heart goes out to those who do. It must be a horrible thing being bullied. If i see bullying you can bet ill tell someone.

I blame my quiet personality. I didnt hang around with nasty people and didnt really do much. This meant i didnt do wrong. Again, i was lucky because its usually the innocent or quiet who are easy to victimise.

Anyone with any problems can PM me. I like to help and give advice to people, a few have already. (Im not an online weirdo, i just want to help)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Ha, yes :wink: Five years of being the end of every joke, just for being clever, by about a quarter of my year group... being boo-ed when entering classrooms, called names (never anything physical though).

Hey-ho, ended up highest achiever in the school and got a boyfriend/ some genuine friends in college who didn't judge me :smile: the people who used to make me hate school now won't even look at me from embarrassment
My beat friend is disabled (cerebral palsy) and people make fun of him behind his back. Then they have a glance at me to see my reaction. This really gets on my nerves. Hes the nicest kid in the year. He has a heart of gold and is such a charming person and we are like a joined at the hip couple, always seen together.

This isnt bullying but does annoy me a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was bullied because I struggled with reading in Primary. I now own a bookshelf and my bully is well...
let's just say sometimes karma hits hard.
Reply 10
Yes, from a friend making an abusive playground game about me in Year 2, to being fat-shamed and called 'spaz' throughout primary school for my learning disability, up to being handcuffed and smothered with a pillow at night by my dorm mates during a trip to Berlin in Year 10, then happy slapped and getting my own bloody Youtube channel later that summer (which may or may not still be available to watch). Some of it was just weird tbh. Could have just called me names...

I'm not over it so I tend to sublimate the thoughts by working on myself and helping others in need esp. those with similar difficulties and the incidents aren't on my mind on a daily basis, nor have I been attacked to that extreme since (apart from one incident which wasn't bullying) :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
Nope, I mean I've had people be horrible to me but I wouldn't class it as bullying.
Original post by Ezme39
Ha, yes :wink: Five years of being the end of every joke, just for being clever, by about a quarter of my year group... being boo-ed when entering classrooms, called names (never anything physical though).

Hey-ho, ended up highest achiever in the school and got a boyfriend/ some genuine friends in college who didn't judge me :smile: the people who used to make me hate school now won't even look at me from embarrassment

Exactly the same here! Just haven't got to the awesome relationship part yet :wink: It's nice to feel like you've accomplished something whilst the people who used to bully you and thought they were better than you are just out there not knowing what to do with their sorry lives :colone:
Original post by EggsterminateMe
I was bullied because I struggled with reading in Primary. I now own a bookshelf and my bully is well...
let's just say sometimes karma hits hard.

Gwarn widdem details, innit :colone:
Reply 14
Brown kid in a white area, what do you think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kind of..
When I was in school (primary and high) I was a really shy and quiet person - you couldn't even hear me in the register half of the time!! :redface: Well, I would always get comments about how quite I was and when asked to work in groups people would always be like, 'I'm not working with her, she doesn't talk.' The weird thing was my shyness was so weird because with friends and new people I met with friends and at home I was so talkative but with school people... Nopee!
I don't really have problems with it so much now. I can still have shy moments but I think everyone does! I'm fine in college, if someone is talking to me I don't have a problem with talking back or reading out loud ect. Now which is good :biggrin:
More than once. Here on TSR and in real life before. In both cases, I have offended my bullies both by mouth and by fists.
yeah! really badly to the extent that i didnt want to look at myself in the mirror anymore.

got called all sorts- cross eyed, cock eyed, four eyes and a lot worse

constantly mocked

but you just gotta stay strong because the bullies are pathetic
Original post by Riku
Yes, from a friend making an abusive playground game about me in Year 2, to being fat-shamed and called 'spaz' throughout primary school for my learning disability, up to being handcuffed and smothered with a pillow at night by my dorm mates during a trip to Berlin in Year 10, then happy slapped and getting my own bloody Youtube channel later that summer (which may or may not still be available to watch). Some of it was just weird tbh. Could have just called me names...

I'm not over it so I tend to sublimate the thoughts by working on myself and helping others in need esp. those with similar difficulties and the incidents aren't on my mind on a daily basis, nor have I been attacked to that extreme since (apart from one incident which wasn't bullying) :smile:

Very sorry to hear! Sounds awful! Had similar problems during a few years of my youth.
In a rather weird way, perhaps it made me a better person, sublimating it into something positive (doing general moral good). I used to be a bit of a failure (due to many factors, mostly outside of my control), but have motivated myself to turn things around. It does have quite a considerable lasting psychological effect though, unfortunately.
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Yes, from year 7 - 9. I was bullied because to my ethnicity and religious beliefs. I'm over it now though...for the most part.

Hey are you a Muslim? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest