The Student Room Group

Transfering uni because of family illness..

Okay heres my situation.. I left home and went to uni in a different city because I didn't make it for the subject that I wanted to do at my home uni (maths + physics) but at the end they did give me an offer of just doing maths after results day.. but then I went to do maths & physics elsewhere, thinkignt hat it'd be ok

But the problem is that with my family there is only me and my parents now.. they're getting old and my dad is working an awful lot and my mum is not really fairing too well either.. and now she's gotten quite seriously ill (kidney infection) and it's just had a massive toll on my mental well being and im not even able to think straight knowing that ive just gone and this has happened..

Does anybody think it would be worth emailing the maths dept at my hometown if they could accept me immediately? I realise its been like 4 weeks.. but I've been studying much of the same stuff..

Or is my option to just wait till next year? I cannot drop out. at my age I should have already graduated and I can't just leech off my parents any longer..
Yeah talk with your tutor and admissions at your home uni, hopefully they'll be able to sort something out :smile:
Original post by TheBBQ
Okay heres my situation.. I left home and went to uni in a different city because I didn't make it for the subject that I wanted to do at my home uni (maths + physics) but at the end they did give me an offer of just doing maths after results day.. but then I went to do maths & physics elsewhere, thinkignt hat it'd be ok

But the problem is that with my family there is only me and my parents now.. they're getting old and my dad is working an awful lot and my mum is not really fairing too well either.. and now she's gotten quite seriously ill (kidney infection) and it's just had a massive toll on my mental well being and im not even able to think straight knowing that ive just gone and this has happened..

Does anybody think it would be worth emailing the maths dept at my hometown if they could accept me immediately? I realise its been like 4 weeks.. but I've been studying much of the same stuff..

Or is my option to just wait till next year? I cannot drop out. at my age I should have already graduated and I can't just leech off my parents any longer..

Have a look at the university transfer FAQ thread in Applications and UCAS- that will have a lot of useful advice for you.

Contact the uni you're interested in transferring to ASAP and see if they will accept you. They'll soon be able to tell you if they can offer you a place. No-one on this forum will be able to.
Do you have an infection illness? hold on maybe its a new mutated illness that only happens in uni if so save the resources from getting the illness.:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
Have a look at the university transfer FAQ thread in Applications and UCAS- that will have a lot of useful advice for you.

Contact the uni you're interested in transferring to ASAP and see if they will accept you. They'll soon be able to tell you if they can offer you a place. No-one on this forum will be able to.

I've emailed the admissions dept and ill ring tomorrow afternoon too.

Original post by Project Tsukyomi
Do you have an infection illness? hold on maybe its a new mutated illness that only happens in uni if so save the resources from getting the illness.:smile:

It's not me that's ill, it's my mother and she needed help with daily tasks in the first place, but now it's really bad. I shouldn't be away if something like this happens again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending