The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Transfer to Aston

Im thinking about transferring from my current university to Aston university for my second year, I'm currently doing a psychology and in the first year. Is this possible, and if so how would I go about making this transfer?
Well a good start would be to get in touch with Nathan Ridout who is the admissions guy for Psychology.

You will need to give him a good reason of why you want to transfer.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Yes, Paul has given you some solid advice there, you will have to contact our admissions team, there are often some requirements, such as achieving a 2:1 in your first year, at your current university but that will dependent on the offer. You can send Nathan an email at: [email protected]
Original post by Aston University
Yes, Paul has given you some solid advice there, you will have to contact our admissions team, there are often some requirements, such as achieving a 2:1 in your first year, at your current university but that will dependent on the offer. You can send Nathan an email at: [email protected]

Thank you! Isn't it dependant on what modules my current university does too?
Original post by PsychologyGeek21
Thank you! Isn't it dependant on what modules my current university does too?

Yes that will also be a factor, there has to be some similarity in what you were taught first year and what we teach at Aston, otherwise you're going into your second year unprepared, however if that's the case they may also offer you the option to start a psychology course from first year counting the first year at your other university as a "foundation year."

Obviously though an email to the admissions team will answer your questions far more capably than myself.

Quick Reply

Latest