The Student Room Group

Extra time for AS exams.

I had extra time for all my GCSE exams. I was told at the assessment that the ET would last for a few years before reapplying (taken in y11). Does this mean i am covered for AS exams or does A level have a different system when it comes to extra time.

Thanks, James.
Original post by jamesgates1
I had extra time for all my GCSE exams. I was told at the assessment that the ET would last for a few years before reapplying (taken in y11). Does this mean i am covered for AS exams or does A level have a different system when it comes to extra time.

Thanks, James.

Some people in my year were reassessed for Year 12. I just got a letter saying that I've still got ET.
It's worth checking with your exams coordinator if you're worried.
Original post by Chlorophile
Some people in my year were reassessed for Year 12. I just got a letter saying that I've still got ET.

Do you get it, too? I've never had it before but this year I'm getting a laptop and rest breaks . . .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ask your SENCO, or, if not, your exams officer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just check to make sure, but you should probably have it.
Original post by Edminzodo
Do you get it, too? I've never had it before but this year I'm getting a laptop and rest breaks . . .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. Technically I'm allowed 25% extra and a laptop (and a scribe, I think?) but I only use the 25% extra, I really don't need a laptop for my subject.
Yes. Technically I'm allowed 25% extra and a laptop (and a scribe, I think?) but I only use the 25% extra, I really don't need a laptop for my subject.

That's cool. I'm doing essay subjects so it's handy to have a laptop, and my handwriting gets really bad after a while! :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's cool. I'm doing essay subjects so it's handy to have a laptop, and my handwriting gets really bad after a while! :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why did you change your avatar?
Why did you change your avatar?

I'm not too sure! I just felt like it as I saw quite a few people with the same one . . . Do you prefer the old one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not too sure! I just felt like it as I saw quite a few people with the same one . . . Do you prefer the old one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dunno, I just associated the stormtrooper with you and now there's some old dude which is disorientating! You're right though, three of my followers have (had) that avatar. Who's the guy there now? IS IT YOU??
I dunno, I just associated the stormtrooper with you and now there's some old dude which is disorientating! You're right though, three of my followers have (had) that avatar. Who's the guy there now? IS IT YOU??

Sorry! Ha ha! That's Grand Moff Tarkin, the dude who bosses the stormtroopers around, so I'm following a theme!
Original post by jamesgates1

The school has to re-apply for permission for A levels though you don't necessarily have to be re-assessed. However, they do have to provide recent and continuing evidence that you need extra time as your normal way of working, i.e. that you fail to finish internal tests in the relevant subjects in the time available.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest