The Student Room Group

Best place for CPE/LPC

Hoping someone can assist me in my choices! I'm currently studying English Lit at Lancaster and am determined to convert to law after I graduate. I'm having some difficulty in choosing where I apply to though. Have decided against the CoL and BPP as my ambitions are modest (would like to work for a small high street practice) and I'm mainly interested in criminal and family law. At the moment, I'm thinking Oxford Brookes/OXILP as first choice, with possibly Nottingham and UCLAN as my second and third. Any thoughts, anyone?
Reply 1
just cos your amibitions in law are modest does not mean you should deny a good legal eduecaation for yourself. the College is a very well regarded institution. It does not matter that you are interested in only working for a high street firm. Beware that High Street firms face an uncertain future according to recent law reports. So its better if you apply to medium sized firms who have lawyers working in family law. Have you considered the College of Law at Chester? Its relatively near to you.
Reply 2
If you apply to Nottingham make sure you put them first. You have to be amazing for them to offer you a place if you don't cos they get so many applications. I was there last year, it's a good course and generally very well taught.

Latest

Trending

Trending