The Student Room Group

Afraid my parents won't accept my girlfriend

I come from a cultural background where parents are super strict about who I marry. I am worried that when one day I show them my girlfriend they will not be accepting of her. They can't do anything about it but it will run through my mind that I don't have their blessing.

Should I just man up and deal with it?
Original post by Anonymous
I come from a cultural background where parents are super strict about who I marry. I am worried that when one day I show them my girlfriend they will not be accepting of her. They can't do anything about it but it will run through my mind that I don't have their blessing.

Should I just man up and deal with it?

I suppose it's pointless to ask for specifics. But then again, if you really love her

Spoiler

then if you feel she's worthy over your folks...go for it. Or you can wait it out, honour your folks, and if you're really young now find another, which you most likely will since you have much more to experience. :yy:
Reply 2
Honouring your folks does not mean to obey them mindlessly. You have a right to pick your own partner and they can honour your decision or do otherwise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending