The Student Room Group

How does retaking modules work at A Level now?

Say for example A Level Physics.

Candidate Z gets in AS Physics:

Unit 1:A

Unit 2: D wow smiley

Unit 3:B

Leaving them with a high C

And hence carries on with A2 Physics can they just retake Unit 2 and Unit 3, Unit 3 being the coursework module?
(edited 9 years ago)
There has been no change to A level resit rules in many years
You can retake any unit as many times as you like for the full life of the specification and the best result counts
Original post by gdunne42
There has been no change to A level resit rules in many years
You can retake any unit as many times as you like for the full life of the specification and the best result counts

Oh right thanks sir.

May I ask what the tile was before?

Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MiaxMalkovaxxx
Oh right thanks sir.

May I ask what the tile was before?

Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure what that means?
For UK examiners this has been the rule at least since 2008 when the rules first mattered to me.
I don't know for sure what the rules were before that
Original post by gdunne42
Not sure what that means?
For UK examiners this has been the rule at least since 2008 when the rules first mattered to me.
I don't know for sure what the rules were before that

Sorry sir I meant rule.

Autocorrect.

Oh right thank you, do you think that the rule will change?
It will change when the new A levels planned for first exam in summer 2017 are introduced as they will be linear qualifications taken at the end of study and any resit would be the whole A level. At this point it will no longer be possible to resit units from the current specifications.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone could offer me some advice in what modules I should retake to get the highest grade possible! Please don't judge but I didn't do very well at as levels due to some reasons but hey still my fault and I have time to correct it!!
Right firstly;
In biology I got a D grade but I am predicted an A
UMS scores- Unit one (047) D
Unit two (080) D
Practical (044) B
Please could you advice me in which modules I should retake or should I retake all?

In Maths I got a E grade but I am predicted an B
UMS scores- C1 (053) D
C2 (040) E
S1 (040) E
Please could you advice me in which modules I should retake or should I retake all?

I would be very grateful if you could help me out and offer some advice! I would appreciate it dearly!

Many Thanks
Reply 7
Original post by Savita Paul
Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone could offer me some advice in what modules I should retake to get the highest grade possible! Please don't judge but I didn't do very well at as levels due to some reasons but hey still my fault and I have time to correct it!!
Right firstly;
In biology I got a D grade but I am predicted an A
UMS scores- Unit one (047) D
Unit two (080) D
Practical (044) B

In Maths I got a E grade but I am predicted an B
UMS scores- C1 (053) D
C2 (040) E
S1 (040) E

I would be very grateful if you could help me out and offer some advice! I would appreciate it dearly!

Many Thanks

I got B & D in Chemistry and Biology.
Personally, I am resitting every module in each because I'm aspiring and am predicted AAA.

I think it's up to you really whether you feel as if you can achieve better however in your case I'd say resit the whole of AS Maths and Biology modules 1 and 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Djent
I got B & D in Chemistry and Biology.
Personally, I am resitting every module in each because I'm aspiring and am predicted AAA.

I think it's up to you really whether you feel as if you can achieve better however in your case I'd say resit the whole of AS Maths and Biology modules 1 and 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay!! I think I will have to do that!! LOL! :frown: what are you applying to?

Quick Reply

Latest