The Student Room Group

Time management

How do you manage doing a project with a final report and oral presentations plus 5 modules all with both exams at the end and coursework. This over 12 teaching weeks which is packed with lectures, a 3 week Easter and a reading week at the end of term. I'll need at least 4 weeks to revise for 5 exams, a month to write the report which can't be stated until the project experiment has finished (that will take at least 8 weeks with the coursework from other modules throughout term) and 2 weeks for the oral presentation. The Easter break is between the 8th and 9th week so it's likely the 3 week Easter will be taken up with writing the report or dissertation. Then there's 4 weeks of teaching, coursework and preparing for the oral presentation, leaving only the reading week to revise for 5 exams.
Reply 1
Stop moaning about it, get off TSR and start managing your time more efficiently. Every engineering student goes through this, I know its tough but its doable if you put in the work.
Reply 2
Original post by a10
Stop moaning about it, get off TSR and start managing your time more efficiently. Every engineering student goes through this, I know its tough but its doable if you put in the work.

It already is being managed efficiently.
Original post by Ybsy75
It already is being managed efficiently.

Then what's the problem?
Reply 4
Original post by mackemforever
Then what's the problem?

Just felt like moaning about it to make myself feel better, sorry.
Original post by Ybsy75
Just felt like moaning about it to make myself feel better, sorry.

Just out of interest, what year are you in?

3rd year Engineering student here and have deadlines coming up on the 29th of this month then the 5th, 12th, 13th, 19th of next month, alongside all of my usual lectures, lab sessions and tutorials, plus having to devote a minimum of 20 hours a week to my independent project plus fitting in cricket, rock climbing and archery a minimum of twice a week each.

So if you're still a first or second year then you ain't seen nothing yet!
Reply 6
3rd like you.
Reply 7

3rd year Engineering student here and have deadlines coming up on the 29th of this month then the 5th, 12th, 13th, 19th of next month, alongside all of my usual lectures, lab sessions and tutorials, plus having to devote a minimum of 20 hours a week to my independent project plus fitting in cricket, rock climbing and archery a minimum of twice a week each.

Just out of interest, do you find many engineering lecturers to be arrogant, and cut off from the outside world? I've not experienced this with any other professions but I've seen a lot of it with engineering lecturers. Not all though,just a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest