The Student Room Group

How did you meet your partner? Love to hear your stories

How did you meet your partner? Love to hear your stories. Location ,how did you approach them .everything,proposing etc

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
In chemistry class at secondary school. He sat in front of me and kept turning around to look at me. He was friends with my guy best friends so we all got talking and eventually hung out outside of school. We became best friends and inseparable and we then admitted we had feelings for each other since day one. We already knew it but it took us a few months to admit. He asked my out by saying "you know, my dad thinks we are going out" and I said "well tell him I'm going out with someone then" and he said "no, cause I wouldn't mind going out with you" and we both went bright red and laughed and that was that lol.
We've been going out for 5 yrs now and have lived together for 4 yrs :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Spock's Socks
In chemistry class at secondary school. He sat in front of me and kept turning around to look at me. He was friends with my guy best friends so we all got talking and eventually hung out outside of school. We became best friends and inseparable and we then admitted we had feelings for each other since day one. We already knew it but it took us a few months to admit. He asked my out by saying "you know, my dad thinks we are going out" and I said "well tell him I'm going our with someone then" and he said "no, cause I wouldn't mind going out with you" and we both went bright red and laughed and that was that lol.
We've been going out for 5 yrs now and have lived together for 4 yrs :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

That is so cute would you please tell me how old you are now ,and how old you were, love stories like this
Reply 3
Original post by ifmtg
That is so cute would you please tell me how old you are now ,and how old you were, love stories like this

I was 17 and he was 18 when we started going out and we are 22 and 23 now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I was 17 and he was 18 when we started going out and we are 22 and 23 now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw,hope he puts a finger on it
i met my boyfriend through one of my guy best friends , because my boyfriend at that time (also a close friend of both my guy best friend and my now boyfriend) was CONSTANTLY grounded so couldn't meet up with me that day. we met , he basically badgered me non stop on facebook afterwards to talk to him. we talked loads , then i broke up with my boyfriend then and we became best friends and spent all of our time together. we'd act like a couple , holding hands and just hanging out in parks to be alone together , and both were hinting at going out but neither of us wanted to ruin a good friendship. and then one day , laying in st james' park on his chest , i kissed him and he asked me out :smile: that was when we were 14 , i'm now 18 and he's 19 :}
Reply 6
Original post by hotliketea
i met my boyfriend through one of my guy best friends , because my boyfriend at that time (also a close friend of both my guy best friend and my now boyfriend) was CONSTANTLY grounded so couldn't meet up with me that day. we met , he basically badgered me non stop on facebook afterwards to talk to him. we talked loads , then i broke up with my boyfriend then and we became best friends and spent all of our time together. we'd act like a couple , holding hands and just hanging out in parks to be alone together , and both were hinting at going out but neither of us wanted to ruin a good friendship. and then one day , laying in st james' park on his chest , i kissed him and he asked me out :smile: that was when we were 14 , i'm now 18 and he's 19 :}

Aw one day that what I want
I found my partner in a fancy club which had only been open for a week or so, and so me and my family decided to go and have a look around. When inside, I dragged my step-uncle, twice removed, with me and began to wander when I saw it. It was hideous and mangled, had buck teeth which could put a rabbits to shame, had greasy long hair which you could strangle someone with...But it was rich (easily identifiable by the gold bling bling around its horse neck which almost blinded me) and so I decided to pursue it and ask if it wanted a drink.

It said yes.

The rest of the night is a blur, but I remember impregnating it (with my uncle and step-great grandma watching) and with it being a devoted Christian, it had to marry me, lest it be sullied in the name of God.

I am now rich, live in a penthouse and am currently thinking up plots to get rid of it.

It calls itself Sham-la
Reply 8
Original post by ifmtg
Aw,hope he puts a finger on it

Do you mean put a ring on it? Lol we already are engaged but we don't plan on getting married anytime soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Whoremaster
I found my partner in a fancy club which had only been open for a week or so, and so me and my family decided to go and have a look around. When inside, I dragged my step-uncle, twice removed, with me and began to wander when I saw it. It was hideous and mangled, had buck teeth which could put a rabbits to shame, had greasy long hair which you could strangle someone with...But it was rich (easily identifiable by the gold bling bling around its horse neck which almost blinded me) and so I decided to pursue it and ask if it wanted a drink.

It said yes.

The rest of the night is a blur, but I remember impregnating it (with my uncle and step-great grandma watching) and with it being a devoted Christian, it had to marry me, lest it be sullied in the name of God.

I am now rich, live in a penthouse and am currently thinking up plots to get rid of it.

It calls itself Sham-la

Hey what is wrong with you ,why you callin it "it"
Reply 10
Do you mean put a ring on it? Lol we already are engaged but we don't plan on getting married anytime soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw wish you guys best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is our of pure curiousty, why get engaged if you're not planning on getting married soon?
Original post by DCFCfan4eva
This is our of pure curiousty, why get engaged if you're not planning on getting married soon?

At first we were engaged because straight couple civil partnerships were going to be coming out for straight couples where we live and we really fancied that so got engaged then and then we got told nope, if they are going to become legal here, we wont get them for another few years. Even if it were just a typical marriage we wanted we wouldn't be able to afford that now for a while anyhoo as we've had to spend a lot of money on our car and flat. We see ourselves like common law partners rather than just bf and gf so my partner thought getting engaged was the next step.
Reply 13

Shut up you ,maybe they want to enjoy life first
We met on a dating site nearly 5 years ago. I was bored after revising for A levels so signed up to a dating site and sent my number to someone called 'random guy'. Wasn't interested in anything serious as I was leaving for uni. Then he sent me a text and we just started talking. We talked for like a week before meeting up. Three weeks and few dates later he proposed after a catastrophic event with my parents. I moved in with him and a year later we got married.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ifmtg
Shut up you ,maybe they want to enjoy life first

1. It's a merely a question out of genuine interest
2. Why can't they enjoy life and be married, there would be no point of getting married at all if they were going to be miserable as soon as they I do

Idiot
Art class back at school. We became friends, I thought they were very cute and wanted to spend all my time with them. They came out as gay, and I realised 'woah, I could theoretically date this person'. Then 'woah I'm so not straight because this person is incredibly cute and I would like to kiss their face with my face.'

So basically they seduced me into queerness and I've been stuck with them ever since (2 years or so)

The actual asking out went a bit like

"I think I've developed feelings for you"
"Yeah I have a crush on you too"
"Oh **** I wasn't expecting you to actually like me back now what the hell do we do"
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ifmtg
Hey what is wrong with you ,why you callin it "it"

Because it is an it
Reply 18
1. It's a merely a question out of genuine interest
2. Why can't they enjoy life and be married, there would be no point of getting married at all if they were going to be miserable as soon as they I do

Idiot

Don't get brave
Reply 19
Original post by EmilyKvothe
Art class back at school. We became friends, I thought they were very cute and wanted to spend all my time with them. They came out as gay, and I realised 'woah, I could theoretically date this person'. Then 'woah I'm so not straight because this person is incredibly cute and I would like to kiss their face with my face.'

So basically they seduced me into queerness and I've been stuck with them ever since (2 years or so)

The actual asking out went a bit like

"I think I've developed feelings for you"
"Yeah I have a crush on you too"
"Oh **** I wasn't expecting you to actually like me back now what the hell do we do"

Cute so I guess you are gay?

Quick Reply

Latest