The Student Room Group

Randomly feeling sorry/sad for strangers

I was wondering whether this happens to anyone else. It's weird to explain in ways other than I've used in the title. I don't mean feeling sorry for a homeless person, for example. It's just a sad feeling about some people.
Yes! I get this sometimes. Like, I'll look at someone in the street and wonder what they're going through, and wonder if they have anybody to go home to. It doesn't take over my day though to be fair, it's only a fleeting feeling until they're out of the way.
This only happens to people who are part of the master race

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Life is a waste
This only happens to people who are part of the master race

Posted from TSR Mobile

I.e. humanity?
All the time.

There's nothing sadder than someone who doesn't look forward to going home.

Sometimes I look at people on the train and genuinely just want to give them a big hug.
Are there certain characteristics about a person that makes you feel sorry for them?
Its called "empathy". Its an evolved human emotional response. If we see sad people, we feel sad, if we see happy people we feel happy.

Unless you're a prick, then its the opposite way round.
I used to get this all the time, with old people or blind ppl especially. I used to think 'how is it fair to live and die and have a **** life?'
Original post by JamesManc
I used to get this all the time, with old people or blind ppl especially. I used to think 'how is it fair to live and die and have a **** life?'

Old people lived long, bountiful lives :curious:

And the blind bit you said...yea, don't say that to Stevie Wonder's face :rolleyes:
On occasion, but then I feel strange for taking the moral high ground.
This exact same thing is happening to me I feel super sad and I’m crying for this person but I don’t even know them I just played a video game with him and he was so nice.
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
I was wondering whether this happens to anyone else. It's weird to explain in ways other than I've used in the title. I don't mean feeling sorry for a homeless person, for example. It's just a sad feeling about some people.

I agree, Sometimes I feel as though I will never see the stranger again. And also how I had an impact of their lives

Quick Reply

Latest