The Student Room Group

How to increase my speed at numerical reasoning tests??

Please help me improve my Numerical Reasoning Test.
I get my answers right but I am slow in working out my answers.

Please give me advise. I do the numerical reasoning tests in the internet.
I have got a selection interview where I have tests in EY.

Please advise me how to pass it.
Reply 1
Please help
Reply 2
Original post by Sena5
Please help me improve my Numerical Reasoning Test.
I get my answers right but I am slow in working out my answers.

Please give me advise. I do the numerical reasoning tests in the internet.
I have got a selection interview where I have tests in EY.

Please advise me how to pass it.

keep practising you'll see yourself improve, check the mark schemes make a note where you went wrong, it's usually percentages, ratios and exchange rates so find worksheets online and keep doing them eventually your speed and accuracy will improve.

click this link for free SHL and assessment day tests. Timed tests: http://www.psl.com/practice/

Good Luck!
Reply 3
Original post by ko111
keep practising you'll see yourself improve, check the mark schemes make a note where you went wrong, it's usually percentages, ratios and exchange rates so find worksheets online and keep doing them eventually your speed and accuracy will improve.

click this link for free SHL and assessment day tests. Timed tests: http://www.psl.com/practice/

Good Luck!

Thank will do. Really thank you:smile:
Original post by Sena5

There's numerical reasoning practice books in my town library... probably yours too.
Reply 5
Original post by Joinedup
There's numerical reasoning practice books in my town library... probably yours too.

Unfortunately I am not living in UK, but want resources to help pass by practicing for the tests.
Reply 6
Original post by Sena5

You're Welcome! I forgot to say you could also do a full timed test on SHL's website for free as well once you feel confident with answering the questions (remember that the assessment day tests are tough so if you ace them then you'll be fine with the real one): http://www.shldirect.com/en/practice-tests/

It seems like you're alright with the questions themselves. Top tip: When you do the real test please don't rush it and don't keep looking at the time that will make you nervous trust me! (maybe after 3 questions then look at the time). Keep calm, do each question calmly and slowly (not to slowly :P) and then move on to the next question. Let us know how it goes :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by ko111
You're Welcome! I forgot to say you could also do a full timed test on SHL's website for free as well once you feel confident with answering the questions (remember that the assessment day tests are tough so if you ace them then you'll be fine with the real one): http://www.shldirect.com/en/practice-tests/

It seems like you're alright with the questions themselves. Top tip: When you do the real test please don't rush it and don't keep looking at the time that will make you nervous trust me! (maybe after 3 questions then look at the time). Keep calm, do each question calmly and slowly (not to slowly :P) and then move on to the next question. Let us know how it goes :smile:

Sure:smile:
Skip the questions that are computationally intensive and come back the them later. The key to these tests is to identify the low hanging fruit.

I did a test for KPMG where I missed out an entire section - I realised the data was really complicated - and I still passed.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Classical Liberal
Skip the questions that are computationally intensive and come back the them later. The key to these tests is to identify the low hanging fruit.

I did a test for KPMG where I missed out an entire section - I realised the data was really complicated - and I still passed.

That's great! :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending