The Student Room Group

Salford University - Adult Nursing Course and Anxiety.

Hi There,

I am wondering if someone can please help me.

I am a mature student currently working as a nursing assistant for the NHS and I have an offer from Salford uni for March next year.

Now here is my worry. I have recently had 6 weeks off work suffering from anxiety and am on propanalol to ease the symptoms. I am on the mend now, but yesterday I received the occupational health form from uni that needs to go to my doctor and I am so worried that this is going to affect them taking me on this course. Can I just add the anxiety was not work related, but due to very personal reasons that are now sorted.

Thanks for your help xx
Reply 1
Original post by maturenurse
Hi There,

I am wondering if someone can please help me.

I am a mature student currently working as a nursing assistant for the NHS and I have an offer from Salford uni for March next year.

Now here is my worry. I have recently had 6 weeks off work suffering from anxiety and am on propanalol to ease the symptoms. I am on the mend now, but yesterday I received the occupational health form from uni that needs to go to my doctor and I am so worried that this is going to affect them taking me on this course. Can I just add the anxiety was not work related, but due to very personal reasons that are now sorted.

Thanks for your help xx

As long as you are COMPLETELY honest to the university and show that you understand what you went through and that if it happens again you know that you will have support around you then you will be fine.

Be honest and upfront and you won't have a problem.

Good luck with the course!

Quick Reply

Latest