The Student Room Group

Uni won't respond to withdrawal request

For various reasons I've decided to withdraw from my course and reapply for 2015 entry. In order to do this, I have to get my withdrawal authorised by the senior tutor, who I emailed two and a half weeks ago (when I was considering withdrawal) and again three days ago (after I had decided), with no response. I then contacted the course leader to see if she could shed some light on why my messages were being ignored and to see if she or anyone else could authorise it, and heard nothing back. If they don't get back to me soon enough on this, they can kick me off the course for not attending lectures, which means I have to pay the full £9000, rather than just £2250. Could anyone advise me on what to do?
Original post by Butterflown
For various reasons I've decided to withdraw from my course and reapply for 2015 entry. In order to do this, I have to get my withdrawal authorised by the senior tutor, who I emailed two and a half weeks ago (when I was considering withdrawal) and again three days ago (after I had decided), with no response. I then contacted the course leader to see if she could shed some light on why my messages were being ignored and to see if she or anyone else could authorise it, and heard nothing back. If they don't get back to me soon enough on this, they can kick me off the course for not attending lectures, which means I have to pay the full £9000, rather than just £2250. Could anyone advise me on what to do?

Have you been to their office? A lot of tutors have hours posted on their door of when they are usually in. The email may've been buried under a load of other emails.
Reply 2
You need to be persistent. If your emails aren't getting through, you need to phone the relevant people, or make an arrangement to see them in person. If you're not getting through by phone, you could go to your department's reception (if it has one) and ask them to phone for you.

The other thing you could do is to try and catch a random lecturer from your department as they're finishing a lecture etc and ask for their advice about contacting the senior tutor etc.

Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest