The Student Room Group

Cheating

Im at college and had a class test yesterday. Our regular tutor wasnt in, we got some subsititute at the last minute and so we had a bit of time prior to the exam to study which I dutifully did. I was so stressed and anxious, and when I was finished just dumped my textbook and other stuff on the floor, rather than my bag. After all, I am so used to packing away when its "hometime" and this wasn't "hometime".

The substitute comes up to me and asks me if I was cheating. Turns out a classmate had specifically put their hand up to inform him that I had a textbook on the floor and was therefore cheating. Imagine my dismay when I realised this. The tutor made quite a production of it, physically taking it from under the seat, telling me not to do it again and then saying he'd need to tell me my regular tutor. IO told him go ahead, no need, I had nothing to hide.

The head of the department found out (he had came into the class after the test to see how things went and the substitute told him about it). I speak to the HoD, by this time in tears with a panic attack and explained the situation.

"Its going no further, spoke to the tutor, told him him it was a mistake, I know the guy, its happened millions of time before, and it wasnt a formal assessment."

The HoD then spent 5 mins asking me how I got on with the test etc.

I am so frustrated at such a big production being made out of a honest mistake, and I am more furious with the classmate, at just how spiteful that felt. So, what I am looking for here is payback of sorts. Anything "official" that will likewise get her in trouble, officially. Hoisted by your own petard, right? And if that "trouble" should make it such that she got kicked off the course or unable to apply to her desired course, midwifery; all the sweeter.
(edited 9 years ago)
Not a formal assessment and yet you want the other student to get kicked off the course, or to have her future ruined? Get over yourself
Reply 2
Im furious because it wasnt a formal assessment, and I suffer from health problems, specifically Social Anxiety, an intense, pathological fear of being judged, publically humiliated. This girl routinely makes racist remarks, her and her friends have made nasty remarks regarding the fact I have a disability.....so yes, she actively sought it seems to have me removed from the course, so **** her. I DO want her future ruined.
Reply 3
Next time, don't cheat...
Reply 4
I wasn't cheating. It was an honest mistake, it was beneath a chair, and difficult to see; and tbh, it would have been pretty obvious that I was fiddling with a textbook, so no, I was not cheating and that was an opinion shared by the "boss".
Plant drugs on her
Urgh, that's horrible. You got a talking to for a minute and were understood and forgiven, but you want to take away her future plans and actually affect her life :yy:

I understand you felt humiliated but you're going to have to find a better way to learn to deal with her if she's an issue regularly.

Edit: are you having therapy for your anxiety? Maybe that would be a better place to discuss the affect she had on you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Yeah, don't revenge, you always end up punching yourself in the face. Revenge is a dish best served laced with cyanide in your 4am Cheerios as you cry to yourself next to the you get the drift.
Am I the only one who gives practical advice on TSR? Jeez
Original post by apronedsamurai
Im at college and had a class test yesterday. Our regular tutor wasnt in, we got some subsititute at the last minute and so we had a bit of time prior to the exam to study which I dutifully did. I was so stressed and anxious, and when I was finished just dumped my textbook and other stuff on the floor, rather than my bag. After all, I am so used to packing away when its "hometime" and this wasn't "hometime".

The substitute comes up to me and asks me if I was cheating. Turns out a classmate had specifically put their hand up to inform him that I had a textbook on the floor and was therefore cheating. Imagine my dismay when I realised this. The tutor made quite a production of it, physically taking it from under the seat, telling me not to do it again and then saying he'd need to tell me my regular tutor. IO told him go ahead, no need, I had nothing to hide.

The head of the department found out (he had came into the class after the test to see how things went and the substitute told him about it). I speak to the HoD, by this time in tears with a panic attack and explained the situation.

"Its going no further, spoke to the tutor, told him him it was a mistake, I know the guy, its happened millions of time before, and it wasnt a formal assessment."

The HoD then spent 5 mins asking me how I got on with the test etc.

I am so frustrated at such a big production being made out of a honest mistake, and I am more furious with the classmate, at just how spiteful that felt. So, what I am looking for here is payback of sorts. Anything "official" that will likewise get her in trouble, officially. Hoisted by your own petard, right? And if that "trouble" should make it such that she got kicked off the course or unable to apply to her desired course, midwifery; all the sweeter.

If she is a sl00t she will nud3s on her phone, obtain phone and email them to her parents and send them to the school.

When you are doing isas, grass her up by planting something on her and says she cheated.

Anonymously create friction with her with others in your class i.e. send letters to teachers with recordings of her slating them off.

Plant drugs on her.

Fuk her mother.

Spit in her face.

Punch her in the face.

Defecate in her lunch.

Break her hand.

I do empathise with you I hate these slooots and you didn't deserve that at all, ignore the ignorant feminist 2nd poster.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending