The Student Room Group

Does anybody have any ideas on how to raise money for charity?

It's not that hard going - we're given £10 and we have to try and find ways to raise money. I want to try and faind a way to raise money for children oversees. Cake stalls are banned btw!
Reply 1
Original post by Maya331
It's not that hard going - we're given £10 and we have to try and find ways to raise money. I want to try and faind a way to raise money for children oversees. Cake stalls are banned btw!

You could try busking (where you perform infront of the public in a street or outside a shopping centre). We did this for charity once and we raised £160 in two days..

You could hold a fashion show? Car wash? Sponsored activities like a bike ride etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Maya331

If cakes are banned then what about doughnuts , cookies or any other type of food that people can snack on? It's just that some supermarkets let you take a few things for free if you tell them it's for charity.
Also you can do a table tennis, basketball or football tournament. Or maybe something little like £1 for someone to throw a ball in the hoop backwards though i don't imagine that getting much money....
You can make bracelets aswell and get the beads on ebay and they're quite cheap.
Hope this helped :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by 286001
You could try busking (where you perform infront of the public in a street or outside a shopping centre). We did this for charity once and we raised £160 in two days..

You could hold a fashion show? Car wash? Sponsored activities like a bike ride etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like the busking idea - seems a bit more original. I'm not a brilliant dancer myself but maybecould round up the cheer leaders :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Maya331
I like the busking idea - seems a bit more original. I'm not a brilliant dancer myself but maybecould round up the cheer leaders :smile:

It doesn't have to be dancing, it could be performing musically too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Open a Just Giving page and run a 10k.
Reply 6
Something sporty always works, carwash can work, otherwise I'd say busking is the most likely to work :smile:

I've raised around £1500 for Lukemia doing 3 sponsored cycles over the last few years, and raised a chunk for Papyrus as well.
Get a job, work hard, and give some of your earnings to charity.

Why should other people give their money because you went on a bike ride or ran in a race?
Original post by Maya331

When I was a girl guide we used to do bag packing at supermarkets. This was a few years ago mind you so it might be more difficult to get a slot. But we used to raise quite a lot.
Reply 9
Original post by thel33ter
Something sporty always works, carwash can work, otherwise I'd say busking is the most likely to work :smile:

I've raised around £1500 for Lukemia doing 3 sponsored cycles over the last few years, and raised a chunk for Papyrus as well.

Well done you!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Maya331
Well done you!

Cheers :smile: lost a friend to Lukemia so I really put as much as I can into fundraising for them, if I had the time I'd do some full on volunteering as.I believe that helps more than money.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending