The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

yeah, that's because other people's feet are backwards to you, but tying a BT is like tying your own shoes.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 41
I blame the insane time difference.
Reply 42
ForeverDecember
I've always found Saturday nights in Middlesbrough to be a pretty big night, I've never seen the Empire as packed as it was last night...

You went out last night??! You have no place here :mad:

I would definitely find it easier to tie my own tie rather than someone else's, but as for bow ties, I have no idea. I say learn to do it yourself. Who knows, it might come in handy one day. Perhaps I'll learn!
ForeverDecember
I've always found Saturday nights in Middlesbrough to be a pretty big night, I've never seen the Empire as packed as it was last night...

True, but Larrikin Love were playing, so....

What I sort of meant was The Empire's the only place to go, really, and if you can't be arsed paying £6 to get in (or more if there's a band) you're buggered. Although saying that, Monday's just The Crown. Who knows. I just seem to find more people out in more different places on nights other than Saturday.
Reply 44
goldenbarnes
....Larrikin Love were playing

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

:mad:
Reply 45
:confused:
Reply 46
I want to see Larrikin Love.

They are supporting Dirty Pretty Things in December though, so that's my chance. I need to hurry up and get me some tickets.
I've seen Larrikin Love twice :smile:

I have also seen Dirty Pretty Things, who are simply awesome live. I think most of their tour's sold out though, so better get a hurry on.
goldenbarnes
True, but Larrikin Love were playing, so....

What I sort of meant was The Empire's the only place to go, really, and if you can't be arsed paying £6 to get in (or more if there's a band) you're buggered. Although saying that, Monday's just The Crown. Who knows. I just seem to find more people out in more different places on nights other than Saturday.

Mneh, last Saturday I went to Reflex...that was, erm...different...
Reply 49
Jelkin
a night in learning Blackbird on the guitar for me.

awesome. that is always my number one request for anyone chilling out with a guitar. its beautiful
Everyone seems to have had a good weekend...well,compared to moi.I havent:frown:

Saturday night my friend rung me at 9pm and was horrified to find out I was in bed.Ha.I was tired after a long day at work and was in work at 7 on Sunday so you know...

Saturday my cat went to the siamese cat rescue home place which is really sad:frown:Had him for 11 years and now he's had to go because there's no one to look after him when I go to uni.Sob.The house is really quiet now(I'm all alooooone:'() and I miss him running to the door miaowing when I get in.Sob.

Sunday was my last day at work.I felt sooo sad at the end because I did kind of enjoy working there...apart from 7am starts etc.I actually thought I might cry when my co-workers gave me a goodbye card!

I've been ill all weekend too:frown:

Ah well,6 days to go people.
Reply 51
God I can't wait til the freshers arrive. Durham is too quiet! :mad:
cherrychocolate
Everyone seems to have had a good weekend...well,compared to moi.I havent:frown:

Saturday night my friend rung me at 9pm and was horrified to find out I was in bed.Ha.I was tired after a long day at work and was in work at 7 on Sunday so you know...

Saturday my cat went to the siamese cat rescue home place which is really sad:frown:Had him for 11 years and now he's had to go because there's no one to look after him when I go to uni.Sob.The house is really quiet now(I'm all alooooone:'() and I miss him running to the door miaowing when I get in.Sob.

Sunday was my last day at work.I felt sooo sad at the end because I did kind of enjoy working there...apart from 7am starts etc.I actually thought I might cry when my co-workers gave me a goodbye card!

I've been ill all weekend too:frown:

Ah well,6 days to go people.

aww :hugs: If it's any consolation, my weekend was totally uneventful.
Reply 53
cleeinnorthants
awesome. that is always my number one request for anyone chilling out with a guitar. its beautiful

I know! I only heard it for the first time recently, for some reason :redface: It's also really satisfying to play.

I just realised about two minutes ago that I'd been invited to a party on Saturday night and I forgot to go. Seriously. How does someone FORGET to go to a party? What a moron. :frown:
Reply 54
Jelkin
I know! I only heard it for the first time recently, for some reason :redface: It's also really satisfying to play.

I :frown:

simple yet effective i say!
Jelkin

I just realised about two minutes ago that I'd been invited to a party on Saturday night and I forgot to go. Seriously. How does someone FORGET to go to a party? What a moron. :frown:

Bless.I do that sometimes.A friend will ring me up and be like 'Where the hell are you?'

Me::confused: :confused: :confused:

Friend:You said you'd meet me at 7!

Me::redface: Oooops....
Reply 56
Yep! Except no one called me and I assured the girl (who I went to school with) that I'd go. So now I'm avoiding MSN... :frown:

Latest