The Student Room Group

Have I dun and gone goofed this one?

Hey guys

Basically, I met a girl a few nights ago walking back from a club after it closed (#doingitwrong) and we got chatting, turns out we got on extremely well, she invited me back to her room, both of us seemed reasonably sober by this point, we then just lay on her bed and listened to music for a few hours and talked, and made plans to go to concerts and Costa and all sorts of random things that we both liked, at this point she got changed out of her club gear. I couldn't tell if she wanted anything more or not, plus she was wayyyy out of my league so I decided nah, don't push it, I don't go out looking for one nighters anyway, so we kinda just vaguely cuddled up and went to sleep (it was about 6am at this point) I woke up 3 hours later, and had to get back to my flat and get some work done. I say my goodbyes and she does too, apologising for being a bad host when she's half asleep.

A few days later I text her and get a totally cold shoulder response, I'm doubting its salvageable, but I think we could have been really good friends.

I guess onwards and upwards is the best way to go about it. But I'm game if anyone has any idea where I went really massively wrong, or whether it was just one of those things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
bitches be crazy
Reply 2
Ain't that the truth :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KingStannis
bitches be crazy

I might be one, but I agree... I don't understand her reaction in the least. :giggle:
Her reaction was very odd. You say you left on good terms with her - then she gave you the cold shoulder. I don't see how it can be your fault, consider it a lucky escape.
She invited you back to her room, hung out, took off her clothes, and you did...nothing?

I think she somehow got the impression you didn't fancy her.
Original post by Freudian Slip
I might be one, but I agree... I don't understand her reaction in the least. :giggle:

I must admit women are often an enigma to me. Some have fancied me and I've had no idea. Some I thought have at least been very friendly towards me, and I think we have a great relationship, and we talk everyday, and then they suddenly start talking to someone else and ignore you. I have absolutely no idea what the system is for understanding why a woman does what she does.
Most girls aren't going to try and initiate sex, but I think it's pretty implied that you should do, when they invite you back to their room and let you lie in their bed.
Reply 8
Didn't take off her clothes, left, and got changed into PJ things that were less revealing than what she had been wearing.

Eh, I've been in a relationship for the last two and a bit years, maybe I'm just out of practice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah pissed man,

Should have gone for it.
To be fair.. she sounds like a weirdo...

Even if her inviting you back round was an invite to get down and you didn't pick up on it, surely a normal person would not give you the cold shoulder?

Someone inviting you back does not always just mean one thing.

Just move on from this one, she sounds well and truly baffling.
Lets be honest OP, if you would've banged her she'd have probably have been disappointed anyway and would've given you the cold shoulder.

Better get a sweater on mate
gol'darn gone and done it
Never know.,she might have had some problems/trouble of her own. Or she could have been really stressed out about something and then came across as cold.
Definitely thinks you don't fancy her now. Girl logic trust me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
I didn't really have any intention of fancying her, its a 50/50 gamble really, some want you to make a move, others want you to not make a move.

Guys are so much simpler :P

Cheers y'all, pretty much confirmed what I was thinking about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe she has a boyfriend or something? I don't know, I think her reaction is pretty weird tbh.
Reply 17
I doubt it, she sounded very much single from the conversation we had.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest