The Student Room Group

Is it better to be classy or wealthy?

I know a few people that are both, yet which is the better trait to have?

I believe it's better to be classy!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wealthy. I suspect a lot of rich folk with no class will be too ignorant to care and, if you are sufficiently wealthy, ignorance can be bliss.
Class, being wealthy doesn't make one classy.

You can be classy and still gain wealth.

Easy option.
Wealthy.

Class is for inflating the ego, wealth is for a more [financially] comfortable life.
I'll take wealthy any day of the week. I know that's not the 'noble' answer but I couldn't give a ****.
Reply 5
Wealthy. Don't really care about being classy, and wealth is useful.
Wealthy as when you are wealthy you can hire the classy ones to do all your dirty work.
Defo wealth
Class is something you have to work towards, if you are lucky you can drop into wealth easily

Posted from TSR Mobile
Better in what sense?

I'd rather be wealthy.

I'd say I'm the former though. If any of the two of course.
Reply 10
Wealthy of course.
It is better to be wealthy, as women these days just want your money. They don't actually care about you, hence the rising rate of women cheating and becoming prostitutes. Women are truly nasty creatures. I would advise just becoming gay.
Original post by Whoremaster
It is better to be wealthy, as women these days just want your money. They don't actually care about you, hence the rising rate of women cheating and becoming prostitutes. Women are truly nasty creatures. I would advise just becoming gay.

You can't just become gay lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Jeanlucpicard
I know a few people that are both, yet which is the better trait to have?

I believe it's better to be classy!

Original post by pane123
Wealthy. I suspect a lot of rich folk with no class will be too ignorant to care and, if you are sufficiently wealthy, ignorance can be bliss.

Original post by Black Cat
Class, being wealthy doesn't make one classy.

You can be classy and still gain wealth.

Easy option.

Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
I'll take wealthy any day of the week. I know that's not the 'noble' answer but I couldn't give a ****.

Original post by miser
Wealthy. Don't really care about being classy, and wealth is useful.

Original post by Alfissti
Wealthy as when you are wealthy you can hire the classy ones to do all your dirty work.

Original post by DCFCfan4eva
Defo wealth

Original post by Yeah dude
Class is something you have to work towards, if you are lucky you can drop into wealth easily

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Better in what sense?

I'd rather be wealthy.

I'd say I'm the former though. If any of the two of course.

Original post by Badshah
Wealthy of course.

Come on team

I don't mean to be tedious but doesn't it depend on the extent of your wealth/class in each scenario?

E.g. I'd say intelligence gives you more class so if you were really wealthy but classless you might have an iq of 40. Also looks give you class so you might look awful if you were classless.

And you hear of stupid people with no class winning the lottery and blowing it on coke and alcohol so you might lose your wealth if you were classless

Whereas if you start poor but are really classy you should have the attributes needed to make money and have personal fulfilment.
You can't just become gay lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Clearly you have never had a hypnotherapist
Original post by nohomo
Come on team

I don't mean to be tedious but doesn't it depend on the extent of your wealth/class in each scenario?

E.g. I'd say intelligence gives you more class so if you were really wealthy but classless you might have an iq of 40. Also looks give you class so you might look awful if you were classless.

And you hear of stupid people with no class winning the lottery and blowing it on coke and alcohol so you might lose your wealth if you were classless

Whereas if you start poor but are really classy you should have the attributes needed to make money and have personal fulfilment.

Sorry bawse :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Whoremaster
Clearly you have never had a hypnotherapist

No, and I don't intend of having one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17

:rofl:
Tis better to be classy AND wealthy.

Neither will guarantee you are happy which trumps both.
Original post by nohomo
:rofl:

You're still team yeah dude, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest