The Student Room Group

Nicest way to say "Stop messaging me!"?

Hey Guys;

Well, I am a guy who is currently being messaged on almost a daily basis by this girl and it is kind of irritating me a little but I don't want to say this in such a blunt manor...

In short, I have helped her in some of her coursework because she apparently went to the wrong lessons for a couple of weeks and she fell behind a little, now for the last 4 days running, she has been messaging me on Facebook or talking to me in person regularly.

Its now kind of a redundant topic when you log into Facebook to see someone asking "What kind of food do you like?" out of the blue...

I know this may seem kind of shallow but, well, title says it all. :mad:
Just tell her bluntly
Reply 2
just don't reply
Reply 3
Don't reply to her, she'll get the message. Or, just reply with one word answers and she'll soon get bored.
Reply 4
Just Block her
(edited 9 years ago)
I don't think you should ignore her.

You could say to her you find small talk a bit awkward or something...maybe say it so she knows not to do it but don't make it sound like she's the worst person in the world.

I don't know...like "I don't want to seem harsh but I'm not really a fan of small talk in general, if you don't mind"

Or something along them lines.

And I say this because at least both of you will know where you stand. If you ignore her...do you think she won't talk to you and ask what's up? and if your phone is broken etc.

Just be upfront...even if you don't know how to word it and it comes out rude...honesty is definitely the best policy.

Good Luck!
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Hey Guys;

Well, I am a guy who is currently being messaged on almost a daily basis by this girl and it is kind of irritating me a little but I don't want to say this in such a blunt manor...

In short, I have helped her in some of her coursework because she apparently went to the wrong lessons for a couple of weeks and she fell behind a little, now for the last 4 days running, she has been messaging me on Facebook or talking to me in person regularly.

Its now kind of a redundant topic when you log into Facebook to see someone asking "What kind of food do you like?" out of the blue...

I know this may seem kind of shallow but, well, title says it all. :mad:

Dont ignore her, reply to her, but change the topic from what kind of food you like to something YOU'd rather talk about, get to know her PROPERLY then if she is cool then you will thank me. if she is not cool, repost this thread.
Just jokingly say "You message me a lot haha :wink:" and she might get the message.
Reply 8
Say 'stop messaging me', sometimes it's best to be blunt or she won't get the hint.
Reply after a delay to the conversations that you might be interested in. Ignore the small talk messages.
Just make yourself sound boring.
Give one word replies or something.
Original post by Biryani007
Just make yourself sound boring.
Give one word replies or something.

Nah, I wouldn't wanna ruin my social rep lol like, "Ah he/she's boring anyway!" Ignore is the best.
Original post by Gee Willikers
Nah, I wouldn't wanna ruin my social rep lol like, "Ah he/she's boring anyway!" Ignore is the best.

Yeah I was thinking that but I personally don't care what the people I choose to ignore (very very few) think about me...I'm ignoring them for a reason :lol:
But I guess you're right.
She probably likes you and is getting a little overly giddy. Be kind. Be specific, but kind.
Just tell her bluntly , easiest way to do so. But it may hurt her , not very good with women.
(edited 9 years ago)
"k".
Stop replying, and if she asks why, say you don't want to download the Messenger app so you can't reply to inboxes anymore :biggrin:.

Although if it were me, I believe I'd just say "please stop sending me so many messages, it's starting to get weird".
Don't reply for a while. Or tell her you're busy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending