The Student Room Group

When do you start getting festive?

As a person whose mood can be heavily influenced by my immediate environment, I get really festive rather early. Yes, I am aware it is October but I already am in full swing with regards to festive scented candles, Christmas playlists on Youtube and today I kind of set up a teeny tree in my room. I am feeling rather jolly, and find it helps with studying too.

Do you get festive early or do you resist until December?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DeceitfulDove
As a person whose mood can be heavily influenced by my immediate environment, I get really festive rather early. Yes, I am aware it is October but I already am in full swing with regards to festive scented candles, Christmas playlists on Youtube and today I kind of set up a teeny tree in my room. I am feeling rather jolly, and find it helps with studying too.

I start getting festive around the beginning of november time.
Reply 2
I'm feeling festive already. I was ill over Christmas last year so I barely celebrated it so I feel like I have last year to make up for plus this year :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like getting festive early too. I find it makes me feel jolly and good about life. Are you at university? When I go next year I'm definitely going to buy a tiny tree to put in my room! :biggrin:
Reply 4
around the 20th November
I start when the music channels stop playing normal tracks and out on the Christmas tracks:colonhash:
Last year my Christmas tree didn't go up till I think the 18th of December :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by subjunctivehistorian
I like getting festive early too. I find it makes me feel jolly and good about life. Are you at university? When I go next year I'm definitely going to buy a tiny tree to put in my room! :biggrin:

I am at university but live at home. Last year I made a Christmas tree out of my books but I bought a bookcase so no room now. Today I bought a spiral tree thing and decorations haha. It's so cute.

Yeah, get what you mean, I can't be in a mood when these songs are on :flute:
February?
Original post by XMaramena
February?

That's a bit too early lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I start when the music channels stop playing normal tracks and out on the Christmas tracks:colonhash:
Last year my Christmas tree didn't go up till I think the 18th of December :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:eek2: But how long did it stay up for? We put ours up end of November and take it down on Jan 1st. Doesn't it always look bare in the room when the tree comes down :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That reminds me of a lad i who used to work at my place- who was still going up morrisons on his break on xmas eve to buy xmas presents.
Reply 11
about the same time as the media does, just before Halloween. Never really been a big fan of November anyway.
:eek2: But how long did it stay up for? We put ours up end of November and take it down on Jan 1st. Doesn't it always look bare in the room when the tree comes down :sigh:

We usually take ours down around 4th/5th january ish
That's a bit too early lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, I guess seriously, it would be when the nights start getting darker and that sweet smell of evening log and coal fires starts spreading across the village.

It went down on the second week of January
Original post by Emma:-)
That reminds me of a lad i who used to work at my place- who was still going up morrisons on his break on xmas eve to buy xmas presents.

Lol
Cant say I haven't done that but last year I didn't buy any presents but received many gifts:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I always refuse to get feel festive until after my birthday, but that generally fails :tongue:

Our tree is always last to go up though, I'm not allowed to put it up until a week before christmas :getmecoat:
I don't really do the whole listening to Xmas songs on loop like a lot of people do, but I start feeling it in early December or something, then I start getting stoked :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Beginning of November usually, although I have already bought a few Christmas presents for my family :tongue:

Quick Reply