The Student Room Group

How to flirt with girls?

I am a fresher at university and there are lots of pretty girls, some that I like talk to me in person in general conversations and we laugh and some are single and I want to try to compliment one of them or flirt with them in person (and then later in messages), but I don't know how to start my first flirtatious phrase?

I'm average looking, so it's not like "of you're ugly it wont work" but I also don't want to say something to over the top so they get turned off or think creep because i'm not hot enough to pull creepy comments off, basically i'll have to be smart in my flirtatious talks.

Can you tell me how to flirt with a girl, like what phrases to say and when to say them? :smile:

And when to realise a girl is not interested anymore? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Say, "Yeah babydoll" at 11:34 and "Mmmmm mmm" at 15:46.
Reply 2
Original post by Awesome-o
Say, "Yeah babydoll" at 11:34 and "Mmmmm mmm" at 15:46.

Stop trolling please, i'm being genuine here, many will benefit from serious advice.
Reply 3
I'm not exactly an expert on the subject but I think its more down to subcommunications and physicality etc as opposed to what you say . By this I mean eye contact , footsies , making her laugh , leading the conversation - as your at uni you have a big advantage in that your going to be getting drunk alot , while drunk it is ridiculously easy to flirt and you are able to do things you wouldn't dare during daytime .

Focus on making connections with the girls - asking them on a date or for a drink at x club / bar - whilst at the bar get close , make your intentions clear , get phyiscal etc - if she reciprocates , smash and repeat
You're thinking about it too hard bro, just be cool.
Just talk to her like you would talk to a friend. Don't be 'flirty'. There's nothing worse than see in a guy try too hard. Just literally try and start conversations out of situations that you are both in e.g. in a lecture; talk about something in the lecture.
Reply 6
BE NICE show her what you have in common talk about but if u dont have anything well don't try too hard
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Stop trolling please, i'm being genuine here, many will benefit from serious advice.

Lol... Sorry :rolleyes:
Reply 8
I am a fresher at university and there are lots of pretty girls, some that I like talk to me in person in general conversations and we laugh and some are single and I want to try to compliment one of them or flirt with them in person (and then later in messages), but I don't know how to start my first flirtatious phrase?

I'm average looking, so it's not like "of you're ugly it wont work" but I also don't want to say something to over the top so they get turned off or think creep because i'm not hot enough to pull creepy comments off, basically i'll have to be smart in my flirtatious talks.

Can you tell me how to flirt with a girl, like what phrases to say and when to say them? :smile:

just b urself if she dont like u well then **** it
Reply 9
Original post by lightbulbflash
Just talk to her like you would talk to a friend. Don't be 'flirty'. There's nothing worse than see in a guy try too hard. Just literally try and start conversations out of situations that you are both in e.g. in a lecture; talk about something in the lecture.

Original post by JayPlays
You're thinking about it too hard bro, just be cool.

Well if I don't flirt i'll be in the friendzone forever, i'm looking for specific phrases and when to say them please :smile:
Well if I don't flirt i'll be in the friendzone forever, i'm looking for specific phrases and when to say them please :smile:

If we were going to go that far, we might as well just flirt with the girls ourselves.
Remember, it's not about scoring. It's about believing you can do it, even though you probably can't.

Flirting is far, far, easier and more effective in person, because a lot of the communication is done through tone of voice, facial expressions, and body language, and then later on through actually physical contact.

Flirting is 60% teasing, and about 40% jokes, innuendos and complements.

If a girl is flirting back, like laughing and generally engaging, it means you can continue. Never flirt right from the get-go, its best to chat casually for a couple of minutes first just to show you're a normal person and allow her to relax a bit.

Its not really something you can learn online, you have to watch people do it in reality. There is only one way to get better at it: practice!

edit: and its DEFINITELY not about learning specific phrases! You have to talk to each girl on an individual level. Remember, your goal is not to score or get a number, your goal is just to meet people, have a chat, have a joke, get to know them a bit, and enjoy yourself (and make her enjoy herself).
(edited 9 years ago)
Go on youtube and search "how to pull girls" or "how to flirt with girls"
Go on youtube and search "how to pull girls" or "how to flirt with girls"

no, definitely don't do this.

No two girls are the same, seriously! You have to take a little bit of time to gauge what type of girl they are, this is a skill that will come with time. Then just say what you think they'll want to hear, even if its complete BS :P That's if you're only looking for a hookup of course...
Reply 16
its not something you can learn in a day. as with anything, practise practise practise
What the hell are you trying OP?

There's no specific formula or phrases. It sounds a bit **** for advice but be normal.

If you try and "play it" or be cliché you'll just embarrass yourself.
If it's your first time talking to them in person, unless you're only looking for a quick snog or a one night stand, flirting isn't really the way to go about it, and as suggested above you're thinking too far into it. Just start a conversation, introduce yourself, maybe discuss your courses and saying your name is always a good start! Just be yourself and try and get a flowing conversation, even if it doesn't last forever. If you get her name, add her on facebook or ask her if it's alright and add her whilst you're still talking if she's obliging. Talk to her on fb after that and see how it goes from there, but don't be overly eager and on her case all the time. Then you should also be more natural with her in person once you've found a comfortable way of talking with each other. Takes time, but if you just flirt with a random girl straight away she'll most likely get a bit freaked out, or you'll end up with the wrong type if they like the flirting as there's most likely only one thing on her mind naaah. Just have confidence without arrogance and be yourself
What is flirting?

Latest

Trending

Trending