The Student Room Group

Should I remove my degree from my CV?

I've applied to a bunch of entry level accountancy jobs and had NOTHING back. I got A*s in Maths and F.Maths at A-Level and have a 2.2 MORSE degree (Warwick), you'd figure someone might be interested in someone who can understand ****ing numbers, but I guess not. Is it the 2.2? Is it the degree?
Reply 1
Original post by juiceboxy
I've applied to a bunch of entry level accountancy jobs and had NOTHING back. I got A*s in Maths and F.Maths at A-Level and have a 2.2 MORSE degree (Warwick), you'd figure someone might be interested in someone who can understand ****ing numbers, but I guess not. Is it the 2.2? Is it the degree?

Have you considered repenting for your degree and trying another one? Have some reMORSE
Original post by nohomo
Have you considered repenting for your degree and trying another one? Have some reMORSE

I bet you're really proud of that :lol:

To OP, I think you should keep it on your CV, a degree at 2:2 from a university like Warwick isn't bad. But hey, I'm no expert.
Reply 3
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
I bet you're really proud of that :lol:

To OP, I think you should keep it on your CV, a degree at 2:2 from a university like Warwick isn't bad. But hey, I'm no expert.

:rofl:
A degree is a degree, the grade doesn't really matter. Companies that specify a 2:1 for instance, is largely a means of reducing the volume of applicants. By asking for 2:1 or above , that has cut applicants by 50% already. Having a 2:2 doesn't mean your less capable than someone with a 2:1.

I received a 2:2 , and within a few weeks of graduating I joined a new company as manager with a good salary. I was technically more successful than everyone who I knew who graduated with 2:1.

Having said all this though, I've never Included my degree classification on my CV. I've had various interviews, none of which have asked me about my classification.

Experience is the keyword here .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Work in soft skills. That's what employers like the most.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending