The Student Room Group

Your dream; Starter, main and dessert?

What is your dream 3 course meal?
Starter would probably be something based around lobster, something simple like a lobster cocktail or even just grilled and finished in lots of garlic butter with crusty bread :coma:

Main is an easy choice- steak, chips and onions. A nice chunky rib steak, served rare and basted in butter for the last minute of cooking. Chips would be triple cooked- blanched for fluffiness, deep fried at a low temp to form a crust around the centre then one last time at a high temp for a crispy, crunchy exterior. Finally some form of crispy onions, whether that's proper onion rings, crispy shallots or something called onion loaf they make at one of my favourite steakhouses, which is essentially packed together chopped onions deep fried for a crispy exterior. For sauce, either a bernaise or a really meaty beef jus. Heaven!

Dessert would have to be a selection of petit fours, as my sweet tooth has no true favourites! If I had to limit myself to four I would have to go for something like a creme brulee, chocolate and raspberry torte, white chocolate blondie, and an apple and butterscotch crumble. Pretty sure that's all my favourite flavours covered :beard:

Great, now I'm hungry :ahee:
Reply 2
Starter would be soup of the day.

For a main I would have the Chef's special.

Dessert I'll skip as I'm on a diet.
I don't know.
Your threads are entertaining.
Haven't thought of a 3 course meal yet
Wow, this was tricky. And now I'm hungry. My dreams seem so achievable!

Starter: Houmous. Houmous of all shapes and sizes. Harissa houmous, tomato houmous, lemon houmous, red pepper houmous. With pitta and olives.

Main: Burritos, with every sort of bean, mushrooms, and sweet potato. With salsa and guacamole. Proper chunky guacamole.

Dessert: Berries with chocolate (soya) icecream. Followed by a whole jar of Speculoos spread.
Reply 5
endless marmite, cucumber and egg sandwiches
endless white chocolate magnums
endless smarties
Original post by MarleyZ
endless smarties

Gross
Starter I don't know lol
Main TGI ribs with a burger, chips and yaki soba dessert My old Dutch pancakes and chocolate cake and a milkshake

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Oh and those fizzy slush puppy thingys :adore:
Reply 9
Starter: Some sort of steamed vegetable dumpling gyoza, enough to share with others.
Main: A burrito packed with refried beans, peppers, chillies and some sort of wet meat - preferably chicken but I can handle beef, too. A pot of salsa and sour cream on the side, too.
Dessert: I'm really not a desert type person, but I'd go for something like pear pie with a small dollop of cream.
Starter - lentil soup or chicken wings with bbq sauce
Main - fillet steak with garlic butter and chips
Dessert - toffee cheesecake

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MarleyZ
endless smarties

Marmite is the best! :five:

:coma:
Starter- dough balls
Main- some kind of pasta dish
Dessert- a large orange and white choc cookie from sainsburys 😋😋
Hmm I've never had a 3 course meal, don't know a thing about starters.

Uhm, starter...garlic bread?
Main: a plate of steak :ahee:
Dessert: warm gooey chocolate cake and cold cream.
Starter - Borscht !

Main - Cepelinai ! :coma:

Dessert - eating chocolate from Channing Tatum's body :fan:
(edited 9 years ago)
Starter : Smoked salmon terrine or prawn, lobster and scallop cocktail.
Main : Thick cut ribeye steak charbroiled to medium-rare, a baked potato and grilled vegetables.
Dessert : Chocolate & Whiskey Torte or Dark Chocolate Soufflé.
I don't know about starters and main but, I want chocolate fondant for dessert.......:smile:.

Quick Reply