The Student Room Group

This Pakistani man is pride of Pakistan!

Most people around the world know Pakistan as a poor and terrorist state. But who is aware of a Pakistani man called Abdul Sattar Edhi, social activist and humanitarian . He's the head of Edhi foundation which a non-profit social welfare organisation in Pakistan.

This thread is just to show the positive aspect of Pakistan and that stereotypes are wrong.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The guy deserves a Nobel Prize to be honest.Deserves it more than Malala
Literally nobody is really bothered.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skill Twix
The guy deserves a Nobel Prize to be honest.Deserves it more than Malala

I absolutely agree with you. Its actually quite shocking to see Malala getting a Noble Prize and not Edhi! Unbelievable. Edhi has done more for humanity than Malala.
Original post by LosingDogs

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol and that's the problem. People ignore good things.
Let's hope he wins one.I can't say anymore.
Reply 6
It's tragic what happened a few days ago :frown:,he truly deserves the Nobel Peace Prize. A petition should be created, what do you think?
Original post by szm95
It's tragic what happened a few days ago :frown:,he truly deserves the Nobel Peace Prize. A petition should be created, what do you think?

Are you talking about Edhi's health?

I agree, he should really get a Noble prize. Yeah, a petition, I agree.
Reply 8
Original post by Maliha Ahmed
Are you talking about Edhi's health?

I agree, he should really get a Noble prize. Yeah, a petition, I agree.

No, the burglary that happened. I really want someone to make a full documentary about him, I've only seen 10 minutes ones on Youtube. Just a great, humble man. Would love to meet him!
Reply 9
Most people around the world know Pakistan as a poor and terrorist state. But who is aware of a Pakistani man called Abdul Sattar Edhi, social activist and humanitarian . He's the head of Edhi foundation which a non-profit social welfare organisation in Pakistan.

This thread is just to show the positive aspect of Pakistan and that stereotypes are wrong.

Well, I didn't know this guy. Okay, so there's a guy good in pakistan. Anything else?

Stereotypes aren't always wrong, they don't come out of the blue, there's always some basis for stereotypes, as they are what some people observed.

They do not however, paint the whole picture and it's wrong to assume that everybody is like that.

And this doesn't show anything positive or negative about Pakistan, it only shows that there is a man over there who is doing good things.
Original post by szm95
No, the burglary that happened. I really want someone to make a full documentary about him, I've only seen 10 minutes ones on Youtube. Just a great, humble man. Would love to meet him!

Oh the burglary. Yeah, I'd be interesting to watch a documentary on him. I did watch a small documentary about him and his wife.
Original post by McMicheal
Well, I didn't know this guy. Okay, so there's a guy good in pakistan. Anything else?

Stereotypes aren't always wrong, they don't come out of the blue, there's always some basis for stereotypes, as they are what some people observed.

They do not however, paint the whole picture and it's wrong to assume that everybody is like that.

And this doesn't show anything positive or negative about Pakistan, it only shows that there is a man over there who is doing good things.

:smile:
Reply 12

Pakistan needs more people like him. He cares for everyone else especially the poor people not just himself and his friends, he's someone who Nawaz and all the other corrupt politicians in the country should learn from.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ko111
Pakistan needs more people like him. He cares for everyone else especially the poor people not just himself and his friends, he's someone who Nawaz and all the other corrupt politicians in the country should learn from.

Yeah. I agree. Its hard to believe people like him still exists. Nawaz and Pakistani politics!? Don't even go there. I hate Nawaz way to much !! Imran Khan for the win.
Never heard of him sis. What has he done?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LosingDogs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really??

I abso bloody lutely love this man! Shame that you dont hear as much about him, and people like him, of which there are lots. But you do hear about all the bad
Reply 16
Yeah. I agree. Its hard to believe people like him still exists. Nawaz and Pakistani politics!? Don't even go there. I hate Nawaz way to much !! Imran Khan for the win.

I hate Nawaz as well he doesn't care about the country at all just there to make money. Hopefully Imran Khan will be the Prime Minister of Pakistan that'll bring about some change but there's way too many issues!
Original post by beautifulxxx
Never heard of him sis. What has he done?

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's a social activist in Pakistan. He has done some amazing work, his organisation is free for people. Educating young and poor children free, looking after orphans and old people for free. He has done immense work for Pakistan, rather I should say for humanity. You should google him.
Original post by ko111
I hate Nawaz as well he doesn't care about the country at all just there to make money. Hopefully Imran Khan will be the Prime Minister of Pakistan that'll bring about some change but there's way too many issues!

I agree. Even Musharaf was better than Nawaz. Although, there are a lot of issues but I think if Imran comes into power, he would tackle at least some of these issues, unlike Nawaz.
Reply 19
I absolutely agree with you. Its actually quite shocking to see Malala getting a Noble Prize and not Edhi! Unbelievable. Edhi has done more for humanity than Malala.

Malala is a traitor to Pakistan anyway. She was out there in the white house with ****ing Obama, the guy who is responsible for drone strikes in her country.

Quick Reply

Latest