The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Interview!

I got offered an interview today from the Chemistry department and was wondering what it will be like and whether many people do get through after interview? What are the interviews like?
Many thanks!
Alisha
Hiya!
I took the interview last year and am set to this year. Last year it was a pretty good interview, nothing too hard. When I read other people's experiences I didn't really believe them. They said they were asked things like finding percentages, their career choice. I was interviewed by a very nice professor, her expertise is Inorganic chemistry. Although she didn't ask me any maths questions as they did everyone else, she asked me to draw a random organic compound and then asked synthesis techniques and other questions about how to identify it or differentiate it from others. She then proceeded to ask me about the career path I'd like to go down. I was very honest throughout and it was very comfortable. The whole day was very enjoyable and as soon as we started talking my nerves disappeared. Hopefully, I haven't jinxed myself here by stating how simple it was. :frown:
I've got an interview on the 18th at 12:30 and I can't wait to go back, hopefully this time I'll have the same interviewer. Good luck. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Hello,
I had mine yesterday and I found it wasn't too bad and was more like an open day than and intense interview, how did you find it? When do you think we will hear back?
Alisha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending