The Student Room Group

I Was Drunk in College today

Yep.. well i was tipsy i mean after having one can of Gordon's Gin and tonic. The aim wasn't to actually get drunk, just a treat for myself... and i actually didn't have any lessons today but i felt different. I passed several roadmen's and hoodchicks without being anxious, I kept laughing like a **** in the college library and I felt peace for the first time in years.

Depression and anxiety can be cured by alcohol, i'm planning to do this everyday to pass my access course idgaf man!! my attendance is poor and it's hinted so many times that the teachers want to get rid of me despite i'm the most quiet loner ever in the course.

I'm doing it, i know im getting kicked out as it will take me 6 weeks to get 90% and it would be a third suspension in Education history.
While alcohol may cover up the symptoms of depression and anxiety, it by no means cures them, and using alcohol every day to make yourself feel better will cause you to be dependent, and in the long run, it will make your mental health worse. It is a depressant, and it is a poison.

There's nothing wrong with drinking in moderation, and sensibly, but this isn't sensible. Its one thing to have a drink if it helps occasional nerves, and another completely to rely on it to feel "normal"

If you have a long term depression and anxiety issue, then I strongly urge you to see a doctor and seek proper supervised medical advice. Alcohol is not the answer.
Reply 2
Original post by Kabloomybuzz
While alcohol may cover up the symptoms of depression and anxiety, it by no means cures them, and using alcohol every day to make yourself feel better will cause you to be dependent, and in the long run, it will make your mental health worse. It is a depressant, and it is a poison.

There's nothing wrong with drinking in moderation, and sensibly, but this isn't sensible. Its one thing to have a drink if it helps occasional nerves, and another completely to rely on it to feel "normal"

If you have a long term depression and anxiety issue, then I strongly urge you to see a doctor and seek proper supervised medical advice. Alcohol is not the answer.

Well, i thank you for advice but as usual and i have said this several times, Doctors do not like me. They see me as a freak and i seem them as useless. I think, even though i know its wrong, that alcohol should continue and i don't i am addicted anyway (I drink 4-5 times a year) but if it will save me getting excluded since my teachers are unpredictable then so be it
Original post by O.Ozz
Well, i thank you for advice but as usual and i have said this several times, Doctors do not like me. They see me as a freak and i seem them as useless. I think, even though i know its wrong, that alcohol should continue and i don't i am addicted anyway (I drink 4-5 times a year) but if it will save me getting excluded since my teachers are unpredictable then so be it

If the doctors you have seen ignore you then you need to did a different Doctor, perhaps even change surgeries. Its a sad fact that with mental health that often you have to really push for doctors to give you appropriate treatment. I fully appreiciate how hard that can be when you're not in a good place, but honelstly, relying on alcohol will not put you in a better place. It might make you feel better in the short term, but it will make things worse in the long run.

How old are you? Don't you realise that drinking might put you at a higher risk of exclusion if you're found to be drinking in school/college whether you're over 18 or not. If you're worried about being excluded, speak to someone within the school/college. They will have a pastoral officer, and or additional support or counselling you can access. Perhaps it would even help of you had a drink to make you feel more able to seek this help, but really, drinking every day, you most likely WILL become dependent (you don't have to be drinking a lot... You just have to feel you need it to feel normal to be dependent) and over time, you'll need more and more to give you the same effect. Don't fall into that trap.

If you really want to make things better, I think you know this is not the way to do it, but the only person who can choose to seek the help you need is you. I do hope you realise that in time
Original post by O.Ozz
Yep.. well i was tipsy i mean after having one can of Gordon's Gin and tonic. The aim wasn't to actually get drunk, just a treat for myself... and i actually didn't have any lessons today but i felt different. I passed several roadmen's and hoodchicks without being anxious, I kept laughing like a **** in the college library and I felt peace for the first time in years.

Depression and anxiety can be cured by alcohol, i'm planning to do this everyday to pass my access course idgaf man!! my attendance is poor and it's hinted so many times that the teachers want to get rid of me despite i'm the most quiet loner ever in the course.

I'm doing it, i know im getting kicked out as it will take me 6 weeks to get 90% and it would be a third suspension in Education history.

You are aware alcohol is actually a depressant and in the long run will make thinks 50 times worse than they are now? Also if your caught drunk or with drink in college you can potentially be kicked out??
Bad road to go down dude

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest