Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 21
thank you! don't lose hope, things can still turn out alright :smile:
Reply 22
Well done on the offers guys. I have only just applied ������

Are any of you mature students?

Thanks for the suggestion on Sussex. Sadly too far away as I'm an oldie, with a child at home xx
(edited 9 years ago)
I had applied for this course and got an offer the other day for ABB! I'm so happy as this was my 1st choice! I swear the course seems quite rare but it looks amazing! anyone else picking this course as their first choice? 😅
Original post by chloe_louise02
I had applied for this course and got an offer the other day for ABB! I'm so happy as this was my 1st choice! I swear the course seems quite rare but it looks amazing! anyone else picking this course as their first choice? 😅

How long did it take to get your offer?? I've been waiting five weeks and still not heard anything! It's going to either be here or manchester as my firm :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It took them about 3 weeks to respond to me :smile: I really hope you get an offer!
Original post by Lau85
Hi there,
i am new to the forums, so apologies if this has already been done!
Just interested to see who else will be applying (already applied if you're super organised!) for Medical Science at Exeter?
Any 'mature' students in particular?

Where are you coming from, academically?
Why Medical Science?

Laura :smile:

Original post by OG-J3nn
I've applied for this :colondollar:

l applied because of the transfer to medicine which is awesome since l'm yet another hopeless medic ..
Guys when can you transfer? If Ive got an offer for 2015 entry, but will i have to apply to transfer AFTER the first year? Basically, will I have to spend a total of two years on the medical sciences course?
I had an email today saying my application is still under active consideration has anyone else had the same thing??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! Well done for yours :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by errrr...
Guys when can you transfer? If Ive got an offer for 2015 entry, but will i have to apply to transfer AFTER the first year? Basically, will I have to spend a total of two years on the medical sciences course?

Fairly sure it's not until third year.
Reply 30
Original post by errrr...

Hey there,

You have the possibility of transferring after your first year of Medical Sciences, provided you're on track to get a 2:1 or a First Degree. Basically, assuming you will successfully transfer, you'll spend one year doing Medical Sciences and then you will go into your first year of Medicine (so one year of doing Medical Sciences).

If you check out the brochure for Medical Sciences (found here: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/media/universityofexeter/webteam/shared/undergraduate/pdfs/Medical_Sciences_2015.pdf ) you will find on page 4 the following paragraph:

Transfer to Medicine
The Medical School allows up to ten per cent ofMedical Sciences students to transfer to the firstyear of the BMBS programme after completionof their first year. This will be for students withAAB at A level or equivalent qualifications,who have achieved high average scores of 1stor 2:1 level. These students will be ranked ontheir performance in an MCQ exam based ona core module’s content and invited to attenda competitive selection interview. No UKCATscores will be required. Further conditionsmay apply. For more up-to-date details of theadmission process via this route you are advisedto contact the BMBS admissions team [email protected].

Also, I've emailed Exeter about the transfer possibilities and this was the response I got:

You can also transfer to Medicine at the end of your Medical Sciences degree, provided you're on track to get a 2:1 or a First.

Regarding the third year that someone was mentioning earlier, that is the year when you could apply for a placement to work as part of a research team in NHS labs, Imperial College London, or even John Hopkins University in the US. Read more about that here: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/medicalsci/medicalscipty/#Programme-structure

I got an offer for this course a week and a half ago and I've never been this happy! It's one of (if not the most) amazing courses I've ever laid my eyes on. The content, the possibilities, even the campus itself, everything is absolutely mind-blowing. Can't wait to start!

Best of luck to anyone out there still waiting for a reply; do not lose faith!
Hey guys how are you all doing with offers/rejections? I still haven't heard back yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
I've not heard either. It's my top choice too...
I've an offer for Cellular and Molecular Medicine at Bristol, Biomed at UWE and Bath and declined from Cardiff. Bristol is my second choice if I don't get into Exeter x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lau85
I've not heard either. It's my top choice too...
I've an offer for Cellular and Molecular Medicine at Bristol, Biomed at UWE and Bath and declined from Cardiff. Bristol is my second choice if I don't get into Exeter x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay, well done on your offers so far :smile: how long ago did you apply? I can't believe they are taking so long!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah that's awesome, my friend is at UCL this year doing law and loves it there :smile: Fingers crossed we will hear soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
I applied in December, how about you? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Start of November! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
I think Exeter are just slooow!
Are you an A-Level student, what are your plants post degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lau85
I think Exeter are just slooow!
Are you an A-Level student, what are your plants post degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did them last year so on a gap year at the moment :smile:
I'm not really sure, really into neuroscience though so maybe research in that area, but I want to do either a masters or phd first :smile:
How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Oh I am old.
I did two years of a biology degree seven years ago. My partner and I then thought it would be a fab idea to have a baby (it was a fab idea)! However, my partner left us when my son was two, so it's taken me a little longer to get back into education. I'm 29, currently doing an Access course as it's been longer than six years since I last studied. Ideally would have loved to do medicine, but financially and realistically impossible as a single parent.
I think I'd like to go into childhood cancer or immunology research. Definitely paediatrics though x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending