The Student Room Group

Medicine through time question-please help!!

So I have been given a 8 mark history question for homework and I have no idea how to structure it or what to include. my question is : throughout history there have been many factors that helped to improve public health. how important have governments been in improving public health compared with other factors? this needs to be in for tomorrow so any help at all will be greatly appreciated :smile:
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Original post by johnpaulberry15
So I have been given a 8 mark history question for homework and I have no idea how to structure it or what to include. my question is : throughout history there have been many factors that helped to improve public health. how important have governments been in improving public health compared with other factors? this needs to be in for tomorrow so any help at all will be greatly appreciated :smile:

Sorry couldn't help u when u needed it but this might help u in long run
Just write about the factors like religion, government, technology and etc and write how it affected the public health. Also mention which factor was the most and least affecting. Don't forget to write a conclusion :smile:
Okay, so I did these exams last summer (2014), but I did the WJEC course, not sure which one your doing! I was told not to answer the public health questions, but the layout is exactly the same as the other parts within this exam!
Basically, an 8 mark question, you have to use about 1/3 of the paper to talk about the concept, and then the other 2/3 of the paper talking about how, in your case, the factors that have helped improve public health. As the factor is a concept not a person, then you may want to talk about acts that were introduced to help improve public health?
If this isn't useful, then it's probably due to the exam board, I don't know what you have to do for other exam boards! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending