The Student Room Group

possible glandular fever and first day of placement?

I'm a primary ed student and due to attend my first day of placement tomorrow. I've been feeling rough for the past month and have had to take the day off lectures today and go to the doctors. He thinks I might have glandular fever and has given me a sick note until my blood test results come back on Friday.
The only thing is that I've been pushing through this for the past month fine, yeah I'm exhausted but I'm okay. And I feel absolutely awful missing out on such an important day. I've worked so hard to get onto this course and I don't want to miss out on anything at all if I can help it. I know I'm not contagious to the kids because if it is glandular fever it's only spread through saliva anyway.
Basically I'm torn about whether to go in or not. Would there be any issues with going in while under an active sick note?
Original post by hurricanesian
I'm a primary ed student and due to attend my first day of placement tomorrow. I've been feeling rough for the past month and have had to take the day off lectures today and go to the doctors. He thinks I might have glandular fever and has given me a sick note until my blood test results come back on Friday.
The only thing is that I've been pushing through this for the past month fine, yeah I'm exhausted but I'm okay. And I feel absolutely awful missing out on such an important day. I've worked so hard to get onto this course and I don't want to miss out on anything at all if I can help it. I know I'm not contagious to the kids because if it is glandular fever it's only spread through saliva anyway.
Basically I'm torn about whether to go in or not. Would there be any issues with going in while under an active sick note?

I'm aware I'm pretty late on this... but you can't go in if you've been issued a sick note.
You have to remember that if you push yourself for too long then it will eventually be made worse.
Take the time off now, whilst your body still has the chance to recover otherwise you will drill yourself into the ground (said from experience).

Also, as Shelly has said: you can't go in if you have been issued a sick note.
Reply 3
Original post by Shelly_x
I'm aware I'm pretty late on this... but you can't go in if you've been issued a sick note.

This. Plus you don't want to go in as it will not only make you worse but also there is a risk others might become ill too. It may not be Glandular Fever as you suspect and therefore could be something thats more easily transmitted. The last thing you want to do is bring your entire department down with illness.
Unless you are sharing cups and kissing fellow staff members, there is little chance you will pass glandular fever onto anyone. Having said that, the course is extremely demanding. You need to rest with glandular fever. Pushing yourself too much can make your symptoms worse and risk running your body into the ground, or having chronic fatigue later on. If the doctor suspects you have it follow doctors orders and rest. Talk to your course leaders if you are concerned. Illnesses such as GF are horrible and the time off for rest is crucial.

Hopefully by the time you read this, it isn't glandular fever.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending