The Student Room Group

will my reference put my application in jeopardy?

I am applying to Accounting and Finance courses and this is clearly stated on my personal statement which my teacher has read several times. However, she still wrote on my application that I am "hoping to study Business Studies". Do you think this will negatively affect my application?
Probably not.
no
Unlikely!
Reply 4
Original post by fbrep2012
I am applying to Accounting and Finance courses and this is clearly stated on my personal statement which my teacher has read several times. However, she still wrote on my application that I am "hoping to study Business Studies". Do you think this will negatively affect my application?

if i were the admissions tutor then this is how i would feel and think.
1) the referee and you are not on the same page
2) has there been a mix up? did the teacher write the wrong PS for the wrong student?
3) she used the word 'hoping'. does this weakens the desire of the student to want to study for a particular course?

I wouldn't go so far as to say that it would negatively affect your application but your teacher should know that you're competing with not only UK/EU students but also international students who unlike UK/EU students, actually pay up their fees in full upfront instead of taking student loans and then choosing to abscond entirely years after they graduate when they're already earning only for the government to write off these loans.

which is why every aspect of your applications need to be strong as possible and free of grammatical and other errors. for your sake, i'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best outcome for you.
OP, has your reference been sent off yet/have you spoken to your teacher about it? Regardless, I wouldn't think it'd make too much of a difference.

Original post by Maura Kat
but your teacher should know that you're competing with not only UK/EU students but also international students who unlike UK/EU students.

This is a myth. International and home students are considered seperately.
Reply 6
thanks guys! I guess it did not weaken my application... I have so far received offers from 4/5 of the universities I applied to
Reply 7
I wouldn't go so far as to say that it would negatively affect your application but your teacher should know that you're competing with not only UK/EU students but also international students who unlike UK/EU students, actually pay up their fees in full upfront instead of taking student loans and then choosing to abscond entirely years after they graduate when they're already earning only for the government to write off these loans.

which is why every aspect of your applications need to be strong as possible and free of grammatical and other errors. for your sake, i'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best outcome for you.

The fact that non EU students pay up front makes no difference the government pay up front for you. So they have every right to write off your loan as its with them not the university. The university receive funds whether you pay off your loans or not

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending