The Student Room Group

Which AS/A2 are you finding the most difficult?

Hello! :h:

I was wondering what AS or A2 people were finding the most difficult at the moment.

At my school, we're starting our mocks for the first paper of each subject soon, and I thought that this would be a great way to communicate our most difficult subjects and explain why - and possibly use this as a way to seek help.

It would be appreciated if you posted your subject list and then your most difficult subject.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blood

I was wondering what AS or A2 people were finding the most difficult at the moment.

At my school, we're starting our mocks for the first paper of each subject soon, and I thought that this would be a great way to communicate our most difficult subjects and explain why - and possibly use this as a way to seek help.

It would be appreciated if you posted your subject list and then your most difficult subject.

I found sociology and Arabic most difficult when I took them as AS two years ago~
Reply 2
Maths
Further Maths
Chemistry
Economics

Economics is the hardest for me at the moment. (due to the amount of information)
Reply 3
History
Philosophy and Ethics
English Lit
Psychology

I'm finding History the hardest at the moment, I think because I'm so paranoid about doing well as it is what I want to do at university. I'm a bit of a worrier, so I constantly worry about whether I'm doing well enough. I'm also finding the topics a bit boring. Cold War is fine, but I don't like Gladstone and Disraeli.
This year, I'm taking
A2 Maths
A2 Media
A2 Biology
AS Further Maths

Maths is definitely the hardest. Whilst I enjoy maths, I just don't click with it straight away, and it does take a lot of work. The exams are the easiest though (because after lots of practise it's very repetitive).

Exam-wise, Media is probably the hardest for me. The content is very easy, but it's my only essay subject so I get very little practise.
In terms of actually getting the marks, Biology is probably hardest. I keep accidentally answering the wrong question!
(edited 9 years ago)
Easiest - Hardest
Maths, History, Psychology, Biology.

I am finding Biology the hardest subject so far as there are a lot of concepts which need to be remembered. Also one of my teachers is quite terrible which is really reflecting on my current E grade in Biology.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Taking:
Biology
Geography
Maths
Physics

Hardest: Geography
I'm doing Critical Thinking, Economics, English Literature, History and Japanese. Japanese is by far the most difficult!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Maths
Philosophy and Ethics
History
Spanish

EPQ(Though I don't actually have a question yet.. :/)

I'm finding them all hard to be honest. Maths is probably the one which I struggle with most in class but then I think our Spanish teacher is going easy on us as we constantly get vocab sheets so we can keep up with the native speakers... although it isn't really working. History is in between- one topic is reasonable easy just a lot of dates, but the other topic I am falling down in. And I think people underestimate how hard philosophy is and just presume it's easy when actually it's quite complicated.
A2 Maths
A2 Chemistry
A2 Biology
A2 French

French by far the hardest this year
Reply 10
I'm doing maths, FM, physics, economics. Economics is probably the one I find hardest - so many graphs!
Original post by Blood

Strangely Applied Business Studies.It should be easy but it isn't so far. I got 93% last year, so I only need 46% this year to get a B though. So it'll be fine hopefully- I should get an A (66%). Still I'm not totally sure...
History
English
Chemistry
Gov + pol

all AS :smile:
Reply 13
I do Maths, Further Maths AS, Economics and French and I'm without a doubt finding A2 Maths the hardest atm. I struggled with C2 so I'm really struggling with C3. S2 is fine though.
AS Chemistry
AS Biology
AS Maths
AS French

Easiest to Hardest:

French Biology Chemistry Maths
A2 psychology
A2 Geograpbhy
A2 economics

Economics hardest content easiest exam technqiue

Psychology easiest and easiest technique after confidently learning all the content

Geography middling difficulty but hardest exam technique so geography is the hardest.
Reply 16
Easiest> Hardest
Chemistry-Politics-Psychology

All A2:facepalm:
Currently taking A2 Biology, Psychology and French and find the French hardest out of those. I think it's more of a confidence issue- I'm pretty good at grammar and writing and even though I am good at speaking (I got an A in the AS speaking exam) I get really nervous about how I sound and so that affects how I speak. It's also a lot of work to maintain a high level of French- you have to keep working all through the year, unlike other exams where you may get away with leaving revision to a later date.
Further Maths is the hardest by far.
I'm taking A2 Chemistry, Maths and French...

So far Chemistry is by far the hardest... i just don't get the content

Quick Reply

Latest