The Student Room Group

Doing Medicine? GIVE ME ADVISE!

What made you stand out? If you could speak to someone who is about to try enter medicine in their first year of A levels, what would you warn them/tell them.

Tell me!

Oh I am doing:
Chemistry, Economics, Biology, Geography and critical thinking.

I cry about chemistry and econ :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by harmer1998
What made you stand out? If you could speak to someone who is about to try enter medicine in their first year of A levels, what would you warn them/tell them.

Tell me!

Oh I am doing:
Chemistry, Economics, Biology, Geography and critical thinking.

I cry about chemistry and econ :frown:

Maybe spell 'advice' correctly...
Reply 2
Original post by lightningdoritos

I was typing in a rush, and I can't correct it now.
Reply 3
Original post by lightningdoritos

Got there before me :frown:
I was typing in a rush, and I can't correct it now.

It's okay, I was just kidding
Reply 5
Can I please get some advise please .. and not just abuse for my fats fingers :frown:
You have to experience it…can't just hack it….
Reply 7
Can I please get some advise please .. and not just abuse for my fats fingers :frown:

Aside from the 'advice' issue... I'd say that lots of place won't like the fact you don't have maths, and this will limit your options of med schools that let you in without maths. And lots of unbars don't accept critical thinking as an a level.
I would love to say but then again you wrote "advise" AGAIN ! Attention to detail is a must!!
Original post by mayamiller
You have to experience it…can't just hack it….

Indeed it is about research and research, life is not sugar and we are not payed for giving the tips. If medical students had to go through the pain to achieve the end results, why should you be given privilege (OP)?
Original post by aoxa
Aside from the 'advice' issue... I'd say that lots of place won't like the fact you don't have maths, and this will limit your options of med schools that let you in without maths. And lots of unbars don't accept critical thinking as an a level.

There are very few places that won't accept you with just Biology and Chemistry and given that the OP is taking 4 A Levels on top of critical thinking, it's really not a problem.
Original post by beinlondon
Indeed it is about research and research, life is not sugar and we are not payed for giving the tips. If medical students had to go through the pain to achieve the end results, why should you be given privilege (OP)?

Asking people who's been through it is a form of research... "advice" doesn't mean give all the information and everything you did every step of the way, just to outline the general ideas... no need to be like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Chlorophile
There are very few places that won't accept you with just Biology and Chemistry and given that the OP is taking 4 A Levels on top of critical thinking, it's really not a problem.

Oops- I didn't see the 4th subject :colondollar: I have an excuse though - no glasses on :rolleyes:
Original post by neurogirl
Asking people who's been through it is a form of research... "advice" doesn't mean give all the information and everything you did every step of the way, just to outline the general ideas... no need to be like that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then again, when we wanted advice, we had none.
Reply 14
Original post by aoxa

You are wrong (edit: I don't mean it in a harsh way ...) ... Literally the only place I can not apply to is Cambridge ... and I am not good enough to get in to there! No one else requires maths...

I am looking at Imperial, UCL, Durham and Manchester/leeds/liverpool
(edited 9 years ago)
Then again, when we wanted advice, we had none.

So you're bitter and resentful and are taking out on OP? Does it not occur to you that maybe you should give advice, so that they don't have to go through quite as much stress as you did?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
I would love to say but then again you wrote "advise" AGAIN ! Attention to detail is a must!!

OK guys, I had to go to spelling clinic, I am that ****ty at spelling. I am sorry for spelling advice wrong -_-

So you're bitter and resentful and are taking out on OP? Does it not occur to you that maybe you should give advice, so that they don't have to go through quite as much stress as you did?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you <3
advice, learn to spell
just reading this I don't think you're right for medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe I should do a powerpoint ....

Quick Reply

Latest