The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

A2 Predicted Grades

So my sixth form kind of messed up my predicted grades and gave me AAB instead of AAA.
I got AABB at AS and was really expecting at least AAA for A2. I'm really disappointed, I was going to apply for LSE, Warwick and Kings but I've now been advised to pick only two of those.
So annoying how these universities has now become an 'aspirational' choice when it nearly could have been attainable.
Should I bother applying with AAB for International Relations? What are my chances of getting an offer?
Any advice is appreciated, this has really messed things up for me and I now have to find new universities to apply for :frown:
Thank you!
Reply 1
Hi! Always push for the best and do not limit yourself EVER.
Do apply to the course and unis you originally were planning to.
A girl in my school got into international relations and she attained a d in chemistry AS, and still got an offer.
This year a good friend of mine just received a Abb offer from Warwick for a AAB course a few days after she applied, and she also had aab predictions.
so make sure u also apply nice and early for generous offers!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by hanihan
Hi! Always push for the best and do not limit yourself EVER.
Do apply to the course and unis you originally were planning to.
A girl in my school got into international relations and she attained a d in chemistry AS, and still got an offer.
This year a good friend of mine just received a Abb offer from Warwick for a AAB course a few days after she applied, and she also had aab predictions.
so make sure u also apply nice and early for generous offers!

I just feel like those original universities are now unattainable with AAB. But thank you for the motivation, I really do hope to get an offer from Warwick! Hopefully will be getting my ucas sent off in the next week. X
Reply 3
Original post by rachlily
I just feel like those original universities are now unattainable with AAB. But thank you for the motivation, I really do hope to get an offer from Warwick! Hopefully will be getting my ucas sent off in the next week. X

I don't understand why they will not predict you the grades! Try and push your teachers and go to your head of sixth form to get it pushed up to an A, it will not really make a difference but its just for your own peace of mind when you send your application off.
I don't see how you can be applying to AAA courses with AAB predicted grades, especially the likes of LSE and Warwick - it is likely that they may not even consider your application as they are very competitive (well LSE anyway!)

AABB AS grades are good, and depending on your UMS you should definitely be aiming to get at least AAA predicted grades. If you ask your teachers very nicely and say how important it is to get predicted AAA, I'm sure they will change your predicted grades.
If they don't, then they are very mean!

TBH, if you can't get your predicted grades changed (fingers crossed this doesn't happen) then I wouldn't recommend applying to any unis with requirements above your predicted grades - maybe only 1 as an aspirational choice!

Good luick! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by groovyd97
I don't see how you can be applying to AAA courses with AAB predicted grades, especially the likes of LSE and Warwick - it is likely that they may not even consider your application as they are very competitive (well LSE anyway!)

AABB AS grades are good, and depending on your UMS you should definitely be aiming to get at least AAA predicted grades. If you ask your teachers very nicely and say how important it is to get predicted AAA, I'm sure they will change your predicted grades.
If they don't, then they are very mean!

TBH, if you can't get your predicted grades changed (fingers crossed this doesn't happen) then I wouldn't recommend applying to any unis with requirements above your predicted grades - maybe only 1 as an aspirational choice!

Good luick! :smile:

I've been back and forth for the past two weeks asking them to change it and they won't budge! It's so sad because I really wanted to go to Warwick but it looks like that isn't happening anymore. :frown:(((
Original post by rachlily
I've been back and forth for the past two weeks asking them to change it and they won't budge! It's so sad because I really wanted to go to Warwick but it looks like that isn't happening anymore. :frown:(((

That's mean of them, tbh I guess it depends what your UMS was like. Were they high B's or low B's and were the A's high or low?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending