The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle Offer Holders 2015 ^^

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Has anyone managed to view their timetable? I swear I read somewhere that they'd be available from 7th Sept (though I now can't find that info again so maybe I dreamt it). I have my login details and can access the timetable services but the calendar is blank when I view it (for all weeks). I'm not sure if it's because they're not available yet or whether it's because I haven't completed the last step of registration. I'm guessing it's probably the latter but figured I'd check.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
The uni says we need to bring photographic ID, what exactly is this for?
Original post by Ingham96
The uni says we need to bring photographic ID, what exactly is this for?

You need to show photo ID to prove your identity when you register. More info here http://www.ncl.ac.uk/pre-arrival/registration/status.htm

It's a pretty quick process :smile:

All the best

Persephone
Original post by k3ro
Has anyone managed to view their timetable? I swear I read somewhere that they'd be available from 7th Sept (though I now can't find that info again so maybe I dreamt it). I have my login details and can access the timetable services but the calendar is blank when I view it (for all weeks). I'm not sure if it's because they're not available yet or whether it's because I haven't completed the last step of registration. I'm guessing it's probably the latter but figured I'd check.

Individual timetables usually don't go up until after induction (because of optional modules etc). It varies from course to course, but if you should be able to view your basic timetable (compulsory modules and some seminar options, etc) using this method...

Go to the Student Timetables homepage.

Click the 'Stages 0 & 1 undergraduate and postgraduate students' link. This takes you to the search page.

Select the 'Get timetable for: programme of study (complete the 'Course code' and 'Stage' fields below)' option

From the 'Period' drop down menu select 'Semester 1'

In the 'Course Code' box, write the UCAS code for your programme (for example Q100 for Linguistics)

In the 'Stage' box write 1

Click the View Timetable button.

That should show you the timetable for your compulsory modules in Semester 1 :smile:

It might look like it's all in code at first, but this guide should hopefully clear up what all the abbreviations mean!

Hope I explained that clearly enough! You can also search for the timetable of a particular module, which might help you plan what options you want to take :smile: And if you want to REALLY get into it, you can access the "degree regulations" for all 2015 entry programmes here and see the exact module codes for all of your compulsory and recommended optional modules.

Although please be warned that there can sometimes be changes and tweaks at the beginning of the year, for example one of my seminar times was cancelled because hardly anyone signed up so I had to change to a different time slot.

I know I was really anxious about fitting my shifts at work around my timetable so I understand wanting to find out as early as possible! :smile: If it helps, pretty much everyone has Wednesday afternoons free because that's when BUCS matches take place.

Persephone
Reply 504
Original post by Newcastle University
Individual timetables usually don't go up until after induction (because of optional modules etc). It varies from course to course, but if you should be able to view your basic timetable (compulsory modules and some seminar options, etc) using this method...

Thanks for your help!
I've sent off for a provisional licence but I'm not sure if it will be approved, if so, I don't know if it will even arrive on time
Reply 506
Sorry to highjack this thread, I am not a Newcastle Uni offer holder but hope you can help! I'd love to apply to Newcastle to do Modern Languages but my predicted grades are only BBB. Am I being deluded to think I might get an offer?
Original post by CPNICO
Sorry to highjack this thread, I am not a Newcastle Uni offer holder but hope you can help! I'd love to apply to Newcastle to do Modern Languages but my predicted grades are only BBB. Am I being deluded to think I might get an offer?

I applied to do Psychology with predicted grades of ABC, which is one grade lower than the lowest possible offer, and I got given an offer of ABB. If you really want to go then I think you should apply and just make sure your personal statement is really great. good luck.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Newcastle University

Go to the Student Timetables homepage.

Click the 'Stages 0 & 1 undergraduate and postgraduate students' link. This takes you to the search page.

Select the 'Get timetable for: programme of study (complete the 'Course code' and 'Stage' fields below)' option

From the 'Period' drop down menu select 'Semester 1'

In the 'Course Code' box, write the UCAS code for your programme (for example Q100 for Linguistics)

In the 'Stage' box write 1

Click the View Timetable button.

That should show you the timetable for your compulsory modules in Semester 1 :smile:

It might look like it's all in code at first, but this guide should hopefully clear up what all the abbreviations mean!

Hope I explained that clearly enough! You can also search for the timetable of a particular module, which might help you plan what options you want to take :smile: And if you want to REALLY get into it, you can access the "degree regulations" for all 2015 entry programmes here and see the exact module codes for all of your compulsory and recommended optional modules.

Although please be warned that there can sometimes be changes and tweaks at the beginning of the year, for example one of my seminar times was cancelled because hardly anyone signed up so I had to change to a different time slot.

I know I was really anxious about fitting my shifts at work around my timetable so I understand wanting to find out as early as possible! :smile: If it helps, pretty much everyone has Wednesday afternoons free because that's when BUCS matches take place.

Persephone

Hi, I have bought my freshers wristband. It says that in order to claim my wristband, I need my passport/ other form on identification, receipt and university letter of acceptance. I no longer have my letter of acceptance, what should I do?
Reply 509
Original post by NineTailedFox
I applied to do Psychology with predicted grades of ABC, which is one grade lower than the lowest possible offer, and I got given an offer of ABB. If you really want to go then I think you should apply and just make sure your personal statement is really great. good luck.

Thank you for replying, that's good news and well done to you!
Is anyone else in ricky road?? 12E :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 511
Hello! Anyone doing Psychology here? (:
Original post by rxckets
Hello! Anyone doing Psychology here? (:

Hey, I'm doing Psychology too :biggrin:
Have you seen your timetable yet? We could compare and see if we are in any of the same lectures/seminars/activites or w.e you want to call them :smile:
Reply 513
Hey, I'm doing Psychology too :biggrin:
Have you seen your timetable yet? We could compare and see if we are in any of the same lectures/seminars/activites or w.e you want to call them :smile:

Yay!
Just saw it!! How do you want to compare them? (:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by rxckets
Yay!
Just saw it!! How do you want to compare them? (:

First Term Timetable - Week 5 - 19.png

A print screen should be fine :smile:

This is my timetable for the first term.
Reply 515
First Term Timetable - Week 5 - 19.png

A print screen should be fine :smile:

This is my timetable for the first term.

Mine looks different! How did you get that?
Mine's the general one and for Semester 1.
Original post by rxckets
Mine looks different! How did you get that?
Mine's the general one and for Semester 1.

I'm sad so I just blocked them out using paint. :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending