The Student Room Group

a strange 'shyness'

ok, im not really after advice or anything, just wondering, what with all the "guy shy around gals" and visa versa, if im the only person in the opposite situation (im a 19yr guy): What i mean is, happier, and much more confident and comfortable around girls rather than guys - oh, im definatly 100% not gay or anything (i get asked this a LOT).

to give you an idea of exactly what i mean, during my first year in sixth form (3 years ago now) i made friends with girls easy as pie, but i didnt really make any male friends - i just didnt have anything to say to them - the same was more or less true in the second year. Im quite a bit better around guys now, but i still make friends with girls a lot more easily.

I could list the reasons i think ive got for why im like this, but tbh what purpose would sharing all that with the world serve? So yeh...anyone in a similar kind of boat?
I've come across a couple of guys like that. I'm convinced that one of them did it on purpose to lure girls he liked into a false sense of security before trying it on with them though.
Reply 2
Juicy Fruit
I'm convinced that one of them did it on purpose to lure girls he liked into a false sense of security before trying it on with them though.

A lot of guys do that; but they're easy to spot.
Most of my best friends are male; I don't know why, it's not intentional, girls just don't seem to like me.
Oh well, their loss; I am mint.
yes
Reply 4
yeah im sorta the same, i find it easier to talk and get along with girls rather than guys. dunno y ? mayb its cus im not much of a sporty person......:confused: but whtever the reason i just dnt have much to say to them.....
Girls on the other hand i find are more easier to talk to cus they are generaly better conversationalists and seem to listen more to what u have to say
but its great fun havin more girl m8ts hahah at my skool ball i had like 10 with me and we all got our photo taken - 5 on each side :p:
Im kinda the same. I just dont like the way lads talk sometimes, especially about girls. If my mates are girls then i dont have that problem of feeling awkward in conversations. I cant say how girls act just with girls, but there not exactly gonna all the same stuff with me are they. Tho, if i like a girl, then i cant talk to her at all, even if ive known her a long time and start feeling differently.
Also, ive never felt comfortable trusting a lad with something personal.
Reply 7
I am the same. I think its because guys can be up in your face and kinda insulting etc. I also thing guys tend to judge and show it a lot more...
Reply 8
Does your mind go blank everytime a guy walks into the room? Do you talk to girls about relationships? Do you find yourself sneakily trying to get a glimpse of a guy's ass?
Ive never had a girlfriend but im not gay. And i dont talk about girls i like in general but when i do ive got advice from another girl. Is that a bad idea or something?
Guys are too 2-dimensional.
Shreerac1
Does your mind go blank everytime a guy walks into the room? Do you talk to girls about relationships? Do you find yourself sneakily trying to get a glimpse of a guy's ass?

This is one of the things i dont like about lads. The topic is clearly about lads who know there straight but cant talk to other lads and already someone has made a gay joke. Just last night i was in a taxi with a few lads from my block and they were drawing on the windows the word gay with arrows pointing at each other. Not for me.
I'm kind of in the same but in reeverse. I find it much easier to make friends with boys then girls. Most of friends are male apart form 2. I dont think its strange. Its just about who you get on with. dont worry about it.
Reply 13
Anonymous
Im kinda the same. I just dont like the way lads talk sometimes, especially about girls. If my mates are girls then i dont have that problem of feeling awkward in conversations. I cant say how girls act just with girls, but there not exactly gonna all the same stuff with me are they. Tho, if i like a girl, then i cant talk to her at all, even if ive known her a long time and start feeling differently.

yeh i tolerate it, but i couldnt talk about girls the way most guys seem to.

fungirl1234
I'm kind of in the same but in reeverse. I find it much easier to make friends with boys then girls. Most of friends are male apart form 2. I dont think its strange. Its just about who you get on with. dont worry about it.

i try not to worry but the problem is, for whatever reason (dont take this as arrogance, im just saying it how it is) i also tend to get a ridiculous number of admirers and offers - the ones im told about and the ones that make it painfully obvious, and as im not one for pointless relationships, after a while those people start to avoid me, meaning i can loose some friends as quickly as i make them. This can be quite upsetting sometimes because some girls id consider along the lines of being real "best friends" whom i could trust to talk to, while not fancying them a bit. Still its nicer that im slowly getting along better with guys.

Shreerac1

Youd have given better contribution by not saying anything at all. You know nothing about me while i know pretty much exactly why im like this, and it has nothing to do with the possibility of me being gay (which again, im not)
Reply 14
oh and everyone else, thanks so far for the helpful comments. I feel a bit more normal now :smile:
i feel a bit more normal now too :smile: lol

Latest

Trending

Trending