The Student Room Group

Confusion over tax years for assessment

Hi
I know that this post is really early but I would like to know where we stand financially. My daughter will be going to Uni in Sept 2015 and will be applying for the maint loan and grant if possible. I understand that the tax year you require financial info on would be the 2013/14 tax year. I was separated from her dad and she lived with me from Oct 2012 until May 2014 until we all moved back in together. If I was to complete the form on 2013/14 household income that would be my income only and we would likely be entitled to the loan and grant. Would this be correct or would I a supply our joint income was of now. I could supply evidence ie council tax bill for 2013/14 showing single occupancy, rental agreement and utility bills in my name. However the council tax bill would be out of date by the time I would have to submit. I am going around in circles trying to find this info. Thanks.
Hello,

As there will be two people in the household as of September 2015 when she starts the course, we would need financial information from both you and your partner for the 13/14 tax year, even though you weren't living together for the tax year in question.

Thanks
Reply 2
Thanks for that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending