The Student Room Group

UKCAT - starting practice

I want to apply for medicine for 2016 entry (just started year 12) and I know someone who completely flopped the UKCAT and was really shattered by it;

Would it be too early for me to start practicing now, as I'll be sitting it in summer 2015?

Or would it be really beneficial.

I know that the UKCAT website says the highest scoring students spent 21 hours practicing but maybe they were just particularly clever people...

Thoughts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
It's way too early! I started practising a couple of weeks before and was starting to run out of practice questions then, so focus on your AS levels for now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Way too early 😂 there aren't enough practice questions in the world
Reply 3
Practice questions are probably too early, you probably only have enough resources to do 6 weeks of solid work with it. That said, you could certainly get comprehension and mental arithmetic up to scratch. Perhaps some reading around ethics and medical practice centred decision making, though that could probably wait until 6 months before sitting the test.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ChloLa
It's way too early! I started practising a couple of weeks before and was starting to run out of practice questions then, so focus on your AS levels for now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by curtis110
Way too early 😂 there aren't enough practice questions in the world

Original post by Zorg
Practice questions are probably too early, you probably only have enough resources to do 6 weeks of solid work with it. That said, you could certainly get comprehension and mental arithmetic up to scratch. Perhaps some reading around ethics and medical practice centred decision making, though that could probably wait until 6 months before sitting the test.

Hahaha ok there's a solid consensus here, thanks guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending