The Student Room Group

Are all girlfriends "high maintenance"?

I have friends who keep complaining their girlfriend drains their money and is too expensive to maintain. Is this true for all girls? Do girls expect their boyfriend to do everything for them?

At 21, I haven't had a girlfriend yet but I worry that when I do, she will be too high maintenance and not independent at all. Someone please tell me this isn't true for all girls!
Reply 1
It is not true. Just like there is nothing that is true of 'all men,' there is nothing that is true of 'all women.'
no
no, girlfiends aren't to be 'maintained' if you're in a happy healthy relationship you'll enjoy doing things for each other from time tp time and not just one person taking all the money away.
Reply 4
It's not that they expect to be maintained, it's cumulative small things like buying them coffee while your out or a random flower. All adds up.
Reply 5
nope.
the girls who are high maintenance tend to be the ones most easily won over by material goods and instant gratification - ironically this tends to mean they're the most likely to leave you for that random dude they think is perfect for 2 weeks before breaking up w/ him for not being a Disney prince, too.
not in the slightest, your friends are being taken for mugs.
Reply 7
Original post by SophieSmall
not in the slightest, your friends are being taken for mugs.

Either this or your friends are whiny Beta's who're spending money on girls without being asked to and then complaining about it later.

Not saying no to free stuff != High maintenance

Quick Reply

Latest