The Student Room Group

need some advice

Heyy guys so I need some help, I am currently in my second year of college and I am doing geography spanish and an English literature a level and I am doing the extended qualification project and have been predicted 3b's which I am not happy about. I have no idea whether I should apply for law or geography at university I really want to do law but every university I have looked at require very high grades and it seems that geography is my only option if I want to go to a decent university. Do you guys think I have no chance of getting a place at a good university doing law and should just stick to geography or do I have a chance. Also if I do apply for law can I go for universities that require aab or abb due to the fact I am doing an epq project and the fact that I am aiming to do better than my predicted grades, could you recommend any good universities. Thank you in advance
Try playing around with whatuni to find the right courses. It lets you put in your grades and comes up with courses wwith similar entry requirements.

Bear in mind that if you aren't happy with your predicted grades, you should apply to mostly degree courses that have requirements in line with your predictions, and one or two that require grades above your predictions - this is especially true for a subject as competitive as Law.
Original post by ckk18
Heyy guys so I need some help, I am currently in my second year of college and I am doing geography spanish and an English literature a level and I am doing the extended qualification project and have been predicted 3b's which I am not happy about. I have no idea whether I should apply for law or geography at university I really want to do law but every university I have looked at require very high grades and it seems that geography is my only option if I want to go to a decent university. Do you guys think I have no chance of getting a place at a good university doing law and should just stick to geography or do I have a chance. Also if I do apply for law can I go for universities that require aab or abb due to the fact I am doing an epq project and the fact that I am aiming to do better than my predicted grades, could you recommend any good universities. Thank you in advance

If you think you will do better than BBB and you really want to study Law there are a few options.

1) Apply for Law to unis with a range of entry requirements. If you get an offer from somewhere you like then get the grades and go there.

2) If you only get offers from unis you don't really like but they are the only ones who will give you an offer, firm one of them. Then exceed the terms of that offer and apply to better unis through Adjustment.

3) If neither of those work, get the better grades which you think you are capable of, take a gap year and apply again in the next cycle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending